- UPDATE ISSUE ON WINDOWS 11
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 11 UPDATE ISSUE?
If your Windows 11 computer is not recognizing the USB drive (the one you have inserted into the computer), the causes of this issue could be many. The problem might occur due to incorrect hardware or software settings or permissions in the system. Or else, the drive may contain any malicious file, bugs in the driver, or Windows might need an update. By following the below instructions, you can fix this Windows 11 update issue successfully.
DISABLE SELECTIVE SUSPEND:
- Select the Search icon on your computer’s main screen and type Edit power plan in the search bar.
- Now, choose the Edit power plan option from the search result.
- Click on the Change advanced power option in the Edit Plan Settings window.
- Double-click on the USB settings option from the menu.
- Now, click on USB selective suspend and select the Disabled option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply button followed by the OK button.
CHANGE POWER MANAGEMENT SETTINGS:
- On your Windows 11 computer, double-click on the main screen.
- Select the Device Manager option from the menu.
- Now, click the View tab and choose the Show hidden devices option from the menu.
- Next, select the Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
- Right-click on the USB Root Hub option from the list and select the Properties menu.
- Now, choose the Power Management tab and deselect the Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.
- Select the OK button.
- Make sure to do this for all the Hubs.
UPDATE DRIVERS FOR USB ROOT AND GENERIC HUBS:
- Go to Device Manager and click on the View tab.
- Select the Show hidden devices option from the menu.
- Now, select the Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
- Right-click on the USB Root Hub option and select Update driver.
- Choose the Search automatically for drivers option from the list.
- Make sure to do this for all the USB Root Hubs.
By following the above methods, you can resolve the Windows 11 update issue and make your Windows 11 computer recognize the USB drive.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.