- Fix The Print Quality Issue On Epson Printer
How To Fix The Print Quality Issue On My Epson Printer?
Are you getting faint printouts? Is your print quality not satisfying your requirements? We are here to help you out. Usually, the print quality issues of a printer occur when the ink cartridges are not installed properly. Sometimes, a faint printout indicates a low ink level, or a soon-to-be emptied cartridge. Keep reading the information on this page to learn how to fix the print quality issue on your Epson printer.
Checking the paper settings
- Go to your printer control panel.
- Navigate to the paper settings menu.
- Select the correct paper type.
- Apply the settings and restart your printer.
Checking the ink cartridges
- Open the front door of your printer.
- Wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Remove each cartridge from the printer.
- Check if you have removed the protective tape or cover from the cartridges.
- Reinsert the cartridges into the printer.
Printing a nozzle check pattern – Epson Printer
Before you start, the first thing you should do is identify the actual cause of the print quality problem. When you find your printer producing poor print quality, immediately stop it and then restart it. Fixing the print quality issue on your Epson printer will become easier after printing a nozzle check pattern.
- First, check if the paper input tray or sheet feeder is loaded with enough paper.
- Next, press the OK button on the printer control panel.
- Select Setup –> Maintenance –> Nozzle Check.
- Wait for the printer to print the nozzle check pattern.
- Press the OK button and check if the print quality is good.
- If the printout has gaps or lines, execute the print head cleaning process.
Epson Printer – Cleaning the Print Head
You can clean the print head of your Epson printer to improve the image quality. To do so, you can make use of the printer control panel or your Windows computer.
Using the printer control panel
- With the printer powered on, go to the control panel.
- Next, press and hold the Ink button for three seconds.
- Make sure that no transportation lock is set.
- No lights should indicate an error.
- Once the power light flashes, the printer starts cleaning the print head.
Using the Windows computer
- Make sure that your Windows computer is up-to-date.
- Epson provides the Head Cleaning utility for Windows.
- To begin with, right-click the printer icon on the taskbar.
- Select the Head Cleaning option.
- If your printer is not listed, restart the utility.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions.
- Once the power light flashes, perform the cleaning cycle.
So far, you would have seen how to fix the print quality issue on your Epson printer. In case you need assistance in resolving the print quality issue, contact our technical experts.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.