Fix Paper Jam Error
How to Fix Paper Jam Error?
- A paper or other materials get lodged into your printer affecting the regular function of the printer.
- This error is termed as Paper jam, and you have to resolve the issue in order to work with it.
- First, locate and remove the paper stuck in the internal parts of the printer.
- Use both of your hand and gently take out the paper without causing much damage to it.
- If the paper can move freely, that indicated paper jam is cleared.
Easy Guidelines For Paper Jam Error
What Can Cause a Paper Jam?
- There are various reasons for paper jam error to occur in your printer.
- If the paper is not inserted correctly, then it may get stuck while loading.
- Usage of an appropriate paper type for a print job is necessary.
- The paper type mentioned in the Print Properties should be same as that of the paper loaded.
- If the rollers are damaged, then the paper jam issue is likely to occur.
Why Paper Jams Persist in the Printer?
- If few of the paper is stuck inside the printer, the control panel will still display paper jam error.
- Check if there is any foreign particles are in the internal part of the printer.
- Open the carriage access door and check if the rollers can move freely.
- Manually slide the carriage and confirm that no foreign particles are stuck. Replace the roller and restart the printer again.
What to do if Multiple Paper Jam Occurs?
- Check each area one by one and locate the paper jam.
- Use a torchlight and check for paper jam in the input area of your printer.
- Go to the output tray and examine if any foreign pieces are stuck in it.
- Use both of your hands and gently pull the jammed paper out from the printer.
- Check for jammed papers in other parts like printhead access area, underneath the printer.
Removing the Jammed Paper
Your printer will not function properly until the paper jam is cleared. You have to check for the jammed papers in the internal parts of the printer and remove them.
How to Remove Jammed Paper from HP Printer?
- Open the front cover of your HP printer and check for the paper jam error.
- Gently pull out the jammed paper using both of your hands.
- If you are using ADF, open its cover and remove the jammed paper.
- Use the flashlight to examine the internal parts of the printer for paper jam error.
- If the carriage can move freely, then it indicated paper jam is removed.
How to Remove Jammed Paper from Epson Printer?
- Cancel the print job and remove the jammed paper from the paper feed slot at the rear.
- Lift open the scanner unit and check if any torn piece of paper is found.
- If the display unit still shows the error message, check for paper jams in other printer parts.
- Check the Paper cassette of your Epson a pull out the jammed paper.
- Have a look at the LCD screen and clear the error messages.
How to Remove Jammed Paper from Canon Printer?
- If the paper jam occurs while printing, turn off your Canon printer.
- Unplug it from the socket and open the operation panel.
- Check if the paper jam is found under the print head holder of your Canon.
- Move the print head folder to the extreme right or left.
- Use both hands to hold the jammed paper and slowly pull it out without tearing it.
How to Remove Jammed Paper from Brother Printer?
- Remove all the cables an power cord connected to the printer.
- Lift the scanner cover and check the position of the print head.
- Slowly push the print head to the center and check the underneath of it for the paper jam.
- Use a flashlight and examine if any foreign material is present inside it.
- Once the paper jam is removed, close the scanner cover.
Fixing Paper Jam Error
The paper you are using for the print job should be a plain paper as even a small wrinkle in the paper will result in paper jam error.
How to Fix paper Jam Issue in Epson Printer?
- Cancel the on-going print job and pull the Cassette out from your Epson.
- Look for the jammed paper and pull it out gently without damaging it further.
- Have a look at the LCD screen, follow the prompts and clear the error message.
- If you are using duplexer, then detach it from the Epson printer.
- Carefully remove the jammed paper and reattach the duplexer.
How to Fix Paper Jam Issue in the Printer?
- To start working with your printer again after a paper jam, you have to fix it.
- Examine the common areas of the printer and solve the paper jam issue.
- Check the output tray area for paper jam and use a flashlight if needed.
- Open the printer’s front panel and clear if any paper stuck on the internal parts.
- Make sure there is no foreign particle present inside the printer.
How to Fix Paper Jam Issue in HP Printer?
- If the paper jam issue occurs in the printer, the control panel will display error messages.
- It will display an Error icon or Paper Error icon, and you will also see Resume light blinking.
- The HP printer can experience paper jam in multiple areas.
- Check part by part and carefully clear the paper stuck inside HP.
- Examine the input tray, output tray, printhead area and underneath the printer.
How to Fix Paper Jam Issue in Canon Printer?
- Paper jam issue in Canon printers occurs mostly on the output slot or in the transport unit.
- Press Stop to stop the print job and turn off the printer.
- Open the operational panel and check for jammed paper.
- The internal parts are sensitive. Make sure to handle it carefully.
- Remove the papers stuck inside, and your Canon is out from the error if the print head moves freely.