- Error Nm 4000 In Hotstar
How To Fix Nm 4000 Error Code In Hotstar?
At times, you might come across the NM 4000 error in Hotstar. It usually states that your app or website cannot identify the location. This error mainly pops up when a person uses a VPN to access the Hotstar + Disney content. This is because the VPN and proxy website block a person’s location, which displays the error NM 4000 while streaming. If you are facing the NM 4000 error code in Hotstar, don’t worry. In this guide, you will find some of the troubleshooting methods to solve this error.
Standard troubleshooting methods to solve the NM 4000 error in Hotstar:
- Firstly, disable the proxies, VPNs, and other third-party software.
- Change the network setting to Automatic.
- Clear the cache and cookies from the browser.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider.
Some other troubleshooting methods are explained below.
METHOD 1: USING A MOBILE PHONE
Reinstall the Disney + Hotstar app:
- Long press the Disney + Hotstar application on your mobile phone and click Uninstall.
- Go to the Play Store and type Disney + Hotstar in the search bar.
- Click on the Install button.
- Open the Disney + Hostar app and log in.
- Check whether the error code NM 4000 disappears.
Clear Data in Disney + Hotstar:
- Open Settings on your mobile phone.
- Select the app from the list and tap on manage application.
- Choose Disney + Hotstar from the list.
- Tap on the Storage option.
- Now, tap on clear data or clear storage and press the OK button.
- Open the Disney + Hotstar app and check whether the error code disappears.
Disable your VPN on Android:
- On your mobile phone, go to Settings.
- Select Network & Internet and tap VPN.
- Turn off VPN.
Restart your Android mobile:
- Power off your Android mobile.
- To turn on the phone, press the Power button.
- Now, log in to the Disney + Hotstar application.
- Check if the error NM 4000 is resolved.
METHOD 2- USING WINDOWS COMPUTER
Disable the VPN on your computer:
If you are using a PC, follow the below steps to disable your VPN.
- First, you need to go to the Start menu and click on it.
- Then, click on Control Panel–> Network and Internet.
- In the pop-up window, select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the Change Adapter Settings option.
- A list of networks will open up. Here, right-click on the active VPN and click on the Delete option.
Clear the browser cache and cookies:
A large amount of cookies and cache in your browser may be one of the reasons for the Hotstar error code NM 4000. So you need to clear the cookies and cache from your browser.
- On your computer, navigate to the Google Chrome web browser and click on the three-dots icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select More tools and click Clear browsing data.
- Now, choose All time from the Time range drop-down menu in the Advanced tab.
- Enable Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files.
- Then, click Clear data.
Turn off Proxies:
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings tab.
- Click on Network & Internet –> Proxy.
- On the Proxy page, turn off the Use a proxy server option.
Reset Google Chrome:
You can restore the browser settings in Chrome at any time. Your bookmarks and password won’t change. If your Hotstar shows the error code NM 4000, try resetting your browser and check whether the error has disappeared.
- On your computer, navigate to the Google Chrome browser and click on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings –>Advanced.
- In the Reset and cleanup window, click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click on the Reset Settings option.
- By now, the NM 4000 error should have vanished.
You are done with some of the troubleshooting methods to fix the NM 4000 error code in Hotstar. Check whether the error code disappears. If you face any issues, contact our technical support.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.