- FINGERPRINT RECOGNITION ISSUES IN ASUS TUF GAMING A15 LAPTOP
HOW TO FIX FINGERPRINT RECOGNITION PROBLEM IN ASUS TUF GAMING A15 LAPTOP?
Laptops, these days, are equipped with a Fingerprint sensor for instant and secure unlocking. So, you need not remember your password anymore. It is all about simplifying the unlocking process.If the Fingerprint scanner on your laptop isn’t functioning well or can’t recognize, refer to the below instructions for troubleshooting.Before starting the troubleshooting, make sure that you have set up Windows Hello and Fingerprint recognition correctly.Let’s see how to fix the fingerprint recognition problem in ASUS TUF gaming A15 laptop.
Troubleshooting procedure for Windows 11 operating system:
- Clean the Fingerprint scanner periodically to remove dirt and oil residue. It might help recognize the fingerprints. Use a soft cloth dampened with alcohol and gently wipe the scanner. Do not spray any liquid directly on the scanner. Once the scanner dries thoroughly, check if the Fingerprint recognition works.
- Update the software to the latest version on your laptop. Updating the software ensures system stability and optimization.
- If you haven’t created a restore point recently after the Fingerprint recognition problem, try to restore the PC to a point before the problem started.
- Try enabling the driver.
- Type Device Manager in the Search box and click Open.
- Expand the Biometric devices option.
- Click ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor –> Enable device.
- Try reinstalling the Fingerprint driver.
- Open the Device Manager –> right-click Fingerprint sensor –> select Uninstall device.
- Now, select Attempt to remove the driver for this device and click Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the driver, go to the ASUS official site and download the Fingerprint driver.
- If the problem continues with your Fingerprint scanner even after trying the above steps, back up your files and reset the PC to its original configuration.
- You can also try the above troubleshooting procedure on Windows 10 to resolve the Fingerprint recognition problem.
- Try placing your finger gently and wait for a few seconds for the scanner to recognize.
- This article tells you how to fix the fingerprint recognition problem in ASUS TUF gaming A15 laptop.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.