- System Call Failed
How To Fix Explorer.Exe System Call Failed Error?
The Explorer.exe System call failed error is quite common in Windows computers and it occurs when the explorer.exe system file seems to be corrupted. It can be fixed using the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Restart the explorer.exe process
- On your Windows computer, open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete shortcut keys.
- Alternatively, give a right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the pop-up menu.
- In the Task Manager window, click the Processes tab to view all the active processes.
- Under Apps, give a right-click on the Windows Explorer tab and select the Restart option.
- This will restart Windows Explorer and hence resolve the system call failed error on your computer.
Solution 2: Run the System File Checker and DISM tool
- Click the Start menu at the bottom-left corner of the screen and type ‘cmd’ menu> in the search panel.
- Hit the Enter key and give a right-click on the Command Prompt app.
- Select the Run as administrator option from the context menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘sfc /SCANFILE=c:\windows\explorer.exe’ and hit the Enter key.
- Wait until the scan is completed and check whether the error has been cleared.
- If the problem persists, run the DISM command to repair the corrupted file on your Windows computer.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to fix explorer.exe system call failed error.
Solution 3: Run the CHKDSK command and removing the suspicious apps
- Open the Command Prompt app as an administrator and type the ‘chkdsk c: /f /r’ command in the Command Prompt window.
- Press the Enter key and wait until the scan is completed.
- It will check the drives for virus-infected files and will repair them automatically.
- Also, remove the recently installed apps from your computer to fix the problem.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and click on Apps and Features.
- Select the Uninstall a program option and choose the suspicious app from the displayed list.
- After selecting the suspicious program, click the Uninstall button to remove it from your device.
- Similarly, remove all the unwanted apps from your computer.
- This will fix the Explorer.exe System call failed error on your Windows computer.
- If the problem persists, restart your PC and troubleshoot the error in Clean Boot State.
If you having any further queries regarding how to fix explorer.exe system call failed error. Click the call button available on the screen.