- How To Fix Error 3253 In Outlook For Mac?
How To Fix Error Code 3253 In Outlook For Mac?
Nowadays, many Mac users complain that whenever they try to send a mail in Outlook, they continuously get the error code 3253 with the message “Connection to the Server failed or was dropped.”In case you are one of those Mac users who want to know how to fix the error code 3253 in Outlook for mac, this guide will give you the causes and solutions for the same. Let’s get into the topic without further delay.
Common causes of the error code 3253
- There is no single solid reason for this error code, but some of the common factors include the following.
- If your server information is not accurate, email sending/receiving problems may occur.
- Incorrect installation of Microsoft Outlook on your computer might lead to the issue.
- The error code may pop up due to a large number of emails in the Sent folder.
SOME OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING METHODS TO FIX ERROR CODE 3253
Create a new Outlook account:
- Go to Applications and right-click on MS Outlook.
- Click on Show Package Contents > Contents > Shared Support.
- Double-click on Outlook Profile Manager.
- Select the Create a new profile option and enter your new profile name.
- Click Add Account.
- Choose the account type.
- Fill in the required details.
- Now, click on the Add Account button.
Deleting the cache of Mac Outlook:
- On your Mac, click the Spotlight search glass at the top-right corner.
- Type Terminal in the search bar.
- Right-click and open the Terminal app.
- Type defaults delete com. Microsoft. Outlook in the Terminal window. This command will delete your old Outlook preferences.
- Now, type killall cfprefsd. This command will kill the cached preferences.
- Finally, launch Outlook.
Add Exchange account:
- Click on the Add button in the lower-left corner of the setup page.
- Select the Exchange option.
- Enter all the essential information for your new Exchange account.
- Select the Configure Automatically option to configure your Exchange account.
- Click on the Add Account button.
Add an IMAP/POP account:
- On the setup page, click the Add button.
- Select the Other email option and enter the required details.
- Click the Add Account option.
- The IMAP/POP account will be added.
Perform the above methods and check whether the error code 3253 disappears. Try sending emails from your Outlook account. Contact our technical support team if you cannot solve the error code 3253 in Outlook for mac.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.