How to fix canon printer not printing
There are various reasons for your Canon printer not printing properly. By troubleshooting the printer, you can identify the printer issue. The printer software has options for troubleshooting your printer. Once the root cause of the problem is known, you can easily fix the printer issue. You can also use various tools to resolve the issue with Canon printers.
The quick steps to fix the Canon printer not responding
- Perform the hard printer reset to fix the Canon printer issue.
- Power off the printer and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Remove the cable from the rear of the printer.
- Leave the printer to rest for a minute or two.
- Replug the printer directly to the socket without using surge protectors.
- Reconnect the cable that is removed from the rear of the Canon printer.
- Power on the Canon printer and wait until it becomes silent.
- Do a test print and check if the printer responds.
How to fix the canon printer, not printing problem
- The Canon printer, not a printing problem occurs for various reasons. You have to troubleshoot the printer in order to fix the issue persisting with it.
- If the printer is not printing properly first check if the ink cartridges are not empty. Print a calibration page and check the ink levels.
- Open the Canon for Windows and click on the ink management and this will show you the ink level in the ink tank. If the ink is full and your printer does not print, check the authenticity of the ink cartridge.
- It is always recommended to purchase ink from genuine retailers. If you are not using the original product, then the Canon printer will not print. If there is no issue with the cartridge, check the quality of the paper inserted.
- The paper width guides should be set according to the paper inserted. Check what type of papers does your printer support and then load the same into the tray.
- The printer may not print if it is running out of the papers. The paper tray you mentioned in the printer settings should match with the tray that is loaded with paper.
- The printer will work fine if the things as mentioned above are noted. Resetting the printer would resolve most of the issues with the printer. The hard reset procedure is given above.
- You don’t require soft reset if the Canon printer responds well and does not throw any error. Check the status of the Firmware, and if it is outdated, you have to update it on a regular basis.
- The official website will have the latest Firmware, by clicking on the Download button you can update the Firmware of your Canon printer.
- Perform a test print now, the printer issue might have resolved, and the Canon printer will respond well.
- Uninstall all the printer driver and other printer software from the computer. The cache files should be removed so that there won’t be any problem while re-installing the driver.
- Go to the Devices & Printers by navigating the control panel. Locate your device and right-click on it. Click on the Remove Device option in the sub-menu displayed.
- Now, you have to browse the official website and download the latest printer driver software that is compatible with the operating system and its version.
- If the right bit version of the software is not downloaded, the Canon printer not printing problem will occur.