- Brother Printer Scanning Issue With Computer
Why My Brother Printer Won’t Scan To Computer?
Is your Brother printer won’t scan to computer? Just look at the simple guidelines given below for resolving the Brother printer scanning problem. First, you’ll have to check whether the printer is ready to scan the documents or not.
Fixing Brother printer scanning problem
Initially, perform the basic troubleshooting process. Check if the printer is turned on. If not, turn it on now.Note: Depending upon the Brother printer model, the solutions may vary.
Performing basic troubleshooting steps
Verify whether the supplied power cord is securely connected at both ends (at the back of the printer and the electrical socket). If it is not connected correctly, disconnect and then reconnect the power cord. Load your originals and then check if your printer is scanning correctly.
- Secondly, you need to ensure that the scan settings are correctly set. Most importantly, verify that the scanner icon is listed in the Scanners and Cameras section. Here’s how to check.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu. Type Control Panel in the search bar. From the search results, select the Control Panel option. It directs you to the Control Panel window.
- You’ll find the search bar in the Control Panel window. Type “Scanner” in the search field. Later, select the View Scanners and Printers option under the Devices and Printers section.
- Navigate to the Properties window. If you can see the scanner driver listed and are able to edit the scan settings, you need not worry about the driver. You can rest assured that the correct scanner driver is downloaded and installed on your computer. If you do not find any scanner driver on the list, download it from the official Brother website.
- Do you wish to download the scanner driver? Look at this section to know the steps involved.
- Using the default web browser, go to the official Brother website.
- Enter the printer name in the search bar and then click Search. It directs you to the Downloads page.
- Choose the appropriate OS, its version, and then click the Download button next to the required scanner driver.
- After downloading it, navigate to the Downloads folder on your Windows computer. Double-click the downloaded file and perform the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select the connection method. The available connections methods are Wireless and USB.
When prompted, accept the end-user license agreement. Now, complete the on-screen instructions to finish the installation of the required scanner driver. This quick-fix will indeed resolve the scanner problem where your Brother printer fails to scan to your computer.
Ensure that your Brother printer is available for scanning to the computer. By checking it, you’ll be able to fix the “not scanning” issue.
Refer to the steps given below to ensure a quick fix.
- On your Windows computer, go to the Control Panel window.
- Click Hardware and Sounds and then navigate to the Devices and Printers section.
- In that section, locate and identify the printer icon to right-click on it.
- Select Printer Properties.
- Next, you need to click the Print Test page option. It is to check that the printer is available to print/scan. Later, perform the scanning of your document using your Brother printer.
It’s time to check the IP address of your Brother printer, and you might resolve the scanner problem. Here’s how to do it.
Checking the IP address of your Brother printer
- Initially, open the scanner properties dialog box on your Windows computer. You can start by going to the Control Panel. Search for the Scanners and Cameras option.
- Open the Scanner Properties option. Next, click on the Network setting option and enable Specify your machine by address.
- Confirm the IP address and then click OK.
- In case this troubleshooting method fails, and you still face the scanner problem, refer to the solution given below.
Verifying the firewall settings
You can access your Bell mail account via a browser by following the below instructions.
- On your Windows computer, navigate to the Windows Firewall section. Check for the Customize settings option.
- Now, confirm that the Windows Firewall option is disabled. If it is enabled, disable it without any further delay.
- Suppose your Brother printer cannot scan to your computer whenever you use the Control Center utility.
- It indicates that the issue is with the utility. In this case, you will have to update the Control Center utility.
- Just download the utility from the official Brother website.
- Navigate to the downloaded file on your Windows computer and double-click the file. Run the software and perform the on-screen instructions.
Check if your document is scanned correctly while using the Brother printer. By now your “Brother printer won’t scan to computer” problem should be solved.You’re done fixing the problem!
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.