- How to Fix Black Screen
How to Fix Black Screen After Awaking from Sleep Problem on Mac?
Do you get a black screen after awaking your Mac from sleep? Then there might be a corrupted PRAM/NVRAM or display issue on your Mac. To know how to fix black screen after awaking from sleep problem on Mac, proceed with the troubleshooting methods mentioned below.
Method 1: Check the brightness and power on your Mac
- On your Mac, press the F2 key to increase the display brightness.
- Make sure that the Mac computer is powered on.
- To check if the external display is turned on, connect the Mac computer to the power source using the AC adapter.
- If the black screen problem remains still, enter your Mac’s administrative password and hit the Enter key.
- This might resolve the black screen problem if you have not logged on with administrator rights.
Method 2: Power cycle the Mac computer
- In most of the troubleshooting methods, power cycling the device has fixed the problem.
- For the black screen issue, you can power cycle the Mac computer to fix it.
- Press and hold the Power button or Enter for 6 seconds to turn off your Mac.
- Unplug your Mac computer’s power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes and connect your Mac to the electrical supply with the help of the power cord.
- Power up the Mac and check if the black screen issue has been resolved and to know how to fix black screen after awaking from sleep problem on Mac.
- Ensure that you have logged in to your Mac with administrator rights.
Method 3: Reset the System Management Controller
- You need to turn off your Mac and first.
- Press and hold the Option + Command + P + R + Power/Touch ID buttons for 10 seconds.
- Release all the keys and power up your Mac.
- This will reset the System Management Controller (SMC).
Method 4: Reset the PRAM/NVRAM
- Click the Apple menu available at the top-left corner of the screen and select Restart to reboot your Mac.
- When the Mac restarts, press the Option + Command + P + R keys and hold them for 20 seconds.
- This will reset the PRAM/NVRAM.
- Now, the Mac computer will reboot again.
- Once it is restarted, you know how to fix black screen after awaking from sleep problem on Mac and check if the black screen issue has been fixed.