- Find Usb Connected Devices On Mac
How To Find Usb Connected Devices On Mac?
At times, you might wish to see what USB devices are connected to your Mac computer. There are some ways of finding the USB devices that are connected to your Mac. We will look into one method of doing it and know how to find Usb connected devices on Mac
- On your Mac, navigate to the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Now, select the About this Mac option.
- In the window that appears next, choose the System Report option.
- You will see that the System Information window displays on your screen and know how to find Usb connected devices on Mac.
- In this window, in the left pane, under Hardware, select the USB option.
- Now, you will find a list of all the devices that are connected under the USB Device Tree.
- In this tree, if you choose any device, you can obtain more information about that device.
- In the main area, in the lower panel, you will be able to find the details of the USB device that you have selected.
This way, you can easily find the list of USB devices that are connected to your Mac computer. There is one more method that is somewhat tricky if you are not familiar with the Terminal utility on your Mac computer. We shall look into this method as well.
- On your Mac computer, open the Finder window.
- Select the Applications option.
- In the next window, choose the Utilities folder.
- Now, open the Terminal utility from the Utilities window.
- Type in the command ioreg -p IOUSB -l -w0 in the Terminal and press the Return key.
- You will be able to find all the devices connected to your Mac’s USB ports from the result of the command and finally you will know how to find Usb connected devices on Mac.