- Windows 10 Factory Reset
How To Factory Reset Windows 10?
You might be having several reasons for factory reset Windows 10 computer. Some of the most common ones that users have are listed here:
- If your computer is running slow
- In case it is acting abnormally
- In case you are preparing to sell the computer
Important Note: Before you start with the factory reset process, you have to back up the files on your Windows 10 computer. If you don’t, you will lose the important files saved on the computer, and retrieving them might be impossible.
When you have backed up all the files and are ready to perform the factory Reset, carry out the instructions given here:
- The first step will be to click the Start button and then choose the Gear icon. This action will open the Settings window.
- At the bottom of this window, you will find the Update & Security option. Please select this option.
- You can now see a list of options displayed under the Update & Security title (on the left pane). Now, choose the Recovery option.
- You will be directed to the Recovery window. In this window, under the Reset this PC title, you can see a description about resetting your PC. Read it carefully and click on the Get started button.
- You will see that the Reset this PC window pops up. In the window, you will find two options:
Keep my files – If you choose this option, all of your personal files will be retained. The installed apps and system settings will be removed.
Remove everything – In case you choose this option, your Windows 10 PC will be completely wiped out.
- Depending on your preferences, you have to choose between the above two options.
- In the next window called Ready to reset this PC, you can see some message(s) showing what will happen if you reset your computer. This message(s) will vary based on the option that you have selected in the previous step.
- When you are ready to factory reset, click on the Reset button located at the bottom of the current window.
- Your Windows 10 computer will now start to factory reset. Since this process might take several minutes, you have to wait patiently.
- Once the process is over, your computer will reboot.
You have now successfully factory reset Windows 10 computer.