Factory Reset Google Chromecast
How to Factory Reset Google Chromecast?
The below document gives steps how to factory reset Google Chromecast. Using the Chromecast you can stream the live entertainment sources from your gadgets like mobile phone, tablet right to your Home theater or speakers. It is media player that extracts content from the Internet and displays on your Television screen.
The Short Steps to Reset Google Chromecast
- Examine if the Chromecast is on and connected to the network.
- Make certain that your TV is on and then launch Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Tap Devices in the top right corner.
- Hit upon the device you want resetting from the list displayed.
- Touch on the backdrop icon at the upper left corner of the display.
- Boot up the Chromecast by tapping Reboot option.
- Hit the Settings button to perform factory reset.
- Tap OK confirmation pop-up to verify the execution of the command.
The Detailed Procedure to Reset the Google Chromecast
- Read the elaborate procedure given below to reset the Google Chromecast. You will not often reset the Chromecast, yet it is necessary to do when it misfunctions. The Chromecast automatically finishes the update when connected to the Internet, and this may create some difficulty.
- If you reset the user credentials, you need to reset the Chromecast as it can recognize only one network at a time. So, if you have reset the router, make sure to implement those changes on the Chromecast too.
- Using the Chromecast setup guide, implement the changes to the network settings. You can also re-do the setup, if the old network is out of the range probably you have to reset the Google Chromecast.
- In the same way, the other case to reset Chromecast is when it freezes or hangs. If the Chromecast hangs frequently, it is advised to reset it.
- There are two ways to reset the Google Chromecast. Identify the button next to the USB port and hold down it at the minimum for 25 seconds. The stable light will begin flashing and attach the USB cable again. This will factory reset Google Chromecast. As there is only one button on Chromecast, it will be simple for you to pin down the same.
- Another method to reset is to use the Chromecast app in your devices. This method will result fine only if you can able to connect the Chromecast to your device. If the problem is in recognizing the connection, you have to try another method. The simple Chromecast freezing problem can be solved by the technique mentioned above.
- You need to restart the Chromecast App in order to reset it on your device. Reconnect your device to the app and tap the menu button. The Chromecast dongle will show you the information as a popup window.
- The popup will have many options. It has Help, Reboot Chromecast, and Factory reset Chromecast, Open source licenses, etc. Tap on the Factory reset Chromecast option. The application on your device will be set now. You have to reboot your device once the reset has been done. This above procedure will aid you to reset Google Chromecast on your device.