- Chromebook Factory Reset
How To Factory Reset Chromebook?
If you wish to run your Chromebook as a new device, or you wish to sell your Chromebook to someone or do not want to use the Chromebook device anymore, you can factory reset it. Before you factory reset Chromebook device, make sure to back up all your important data stored on it because, after a factory reset, all the information saved on it will be erased permanently.
You need to reset Chromebook when you see the message:
- Reset this Chrome device is displayed on the screen.
- There is a problem with your user profile or settings
- Chromebook is not working
- If you’re prompted to change the owner of your Chromebook device
Quick Steps To Factory Reset Without Using A Password
If you have forgotten your Chromebook’s password, then prefer this method to reset the Chromebook device.
- If you have signed into your Chromebook device, then sign out of it.
- Your Chromebook device’s login screen will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, locate the Ctrl, Shift, Alt, and R buttons on your device’s keyboard and press all the four keys at the same time.
- Select the Restart option.
- Choose the Powerwash option followed by Continue in the dialog box you see next.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to factory reset your Chromebook device.
Method 1: Using the Settings menu
- Sign in to your Chromebook device.
- Access the notification center.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Select Advanced > Reset settings > Reset.
- Now your Chromebook device will be reset to the factory defaults within a few minutes.
Method 2: Using The Recovery Mode
- Turn off your Chromebook device if it is turned ON.
- Now, hold down the Refresh and the Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release both the buttons when the message “Chrome OS missing or damaged” is displayed on the screen.
- Now, open the Chrome Recovery mode screen by pressing the Ctrl and D buttons at the same time.
- Factory reset your Chromebook device by following the on-screen instructions. To get remote assistance in the factory reset Chromebook device, contact us.