- Android Devices Factory Reset
How To Factory Reset Android Devices?
If your Android device is not working correctly or simply needs a fresh start or you are ready to sell it, you definitely need to how to factory reset android devices. You can factory reset your Android device in two ways; via Settings or Recovery Mode. This page explains both ways in detail.Before you factory reset your Android phone, take a backup of all your important data if required. Because during the reset process, all your data will be erased permanently from the phone. Check if your Android device has enough battery to perform the factory reset process. If not, charge the phone for awhile.
Factory Reset Using Settings App
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on the System option followed by Advanced.
- Look for the Reset option and tap on it.
- Select the Erase all data (factory reset) option.
- Tap Erase all data.
- If prompted, enter your Android device’s password in the given field.
- After entering the password, tap the Erase all data option.
- Now, the factory reset process will be initiated.
- Once your Android device is reset successfully, reconfigure the device settings from the beginning.
Factory Reset Using Recovery Mode
- First, make sure that your Android device is turned OFF.
- Locate the Power and Volume Down buttons of your Android device.
- Now, press and hold both the buttons simultaneously.
- Make sure to release both the buttons only when a screen with the text Start pointing at the power button appears on your mobile device’s screen.
- You can now use your phone’s Power button to make a selection and the Volume buttons to navigate to the options.
- Highlight the Recovery mode option using the Volume Down button.
- After highlighting it, press the Power button. The Recovery mode option is now selected.
- Now, your phone will restart.
- Once it restarts, you can see an Android robot in trouble message on your device’s screen.
- Now, hold down the Power button.
- Keep pressing the Volume Up button of your phone while holding the Power button.
- Highlight the Wipe data/factory reset option and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Select the Yes option if prompted.
- Once the factory reset is complete, select the Reboot system now option. That’s it! Your Android device has been factory reset successfully. If you still have any queries on how to factory reset android devices, click the call button.