How to Download Canon Printer Driver
Canon printer drivers are mandatory to connect the printer to your personal device. The drivers bridge the devices. The setup Compact Disc that comes along with the printer’s package is used for installing the printer software, and it contains all the necessary drivers for your Canon printer. The user manual will provide a detailed procedure for driver installation. By following the methods given below, you can successfully complete the how to download canon printer driver setup.
The quick steps for installing the Canon printer driver to your personal computer
- Gather all the components required for installation.
- Connect your devices to the home Wi-Fi network.
- Visit the official website and click on the software tab.
- Select the operating system type from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the right bit version either 32 bit or 64-bit version.
- Click the Download button next to the OS type.
- Wait until the complete download is done.
- Double-click on the setup file downloaded and begin the installation of your Canon printers.
How to download and install the Canon printer software on your device?
- You can use the setup CD that comes along with the printer’s package. If your personal device does not support disc drive, you have to download it from the website.
- Open the Chrome or any preferred browser on your PC and enter the URL. The resulting page will have a search box. Enter the printer model and then press Submit.
- The screen will display the list of available software that suits your printer. Make sure you select the correct OS type from the drop-down menu.
- The solution for how to download and install the Canon printer software can be referred from the user manual. Choosing the right bit version is essential.
- If you download the different bit version, the installation will be done, but the printer will not connect properly. The personal device should be connected to an active Internet.
- Based on the speed of the Internet the download may take a few minutes to complete. The link next to your operating system type should be clicked. Check if the Hard drive has enough storage to hold the data.
- Once the download is complete notification will pop on your screen. Click on the notification balloon and go to download location. Double-click on the setup files after locating it on the folder.
- The installer window will get open. Select the language and choose the connection type. The connection type can be USB or if your Canon is a wireless printer.
- Choose an appropriate connection type and then click Next. You have to browse the location for extracting the files. Enter the path or click the Browse button to set the location.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable. Any interruption at the middle of the installation may result in loss of data. If the complete download is not done, then some of the printer functions may not work fine.
- The installer by itself acts as a wizard, and you have just to follow the instructions displayed on the screen and end the installation. The installer will display the terms and conditions, read it carefully and choose Agree.
- The files get extracted, and the drivers are installed. Your Canon printer can now perform all the functions of the printer.