- Delete Sophos Antivirus Mac
How to Delete Sophos Antivirus Mac
The Sophos Antivirus program on your Mac computer can be deleted in two ways; using a removal tool or using the terminal window on How to Delete Sophos Antivirus Mac.
To delete the Sophos Antivirus software from your Mac computer using the Remove Sophos Antivirus application, proceed with the simple instructions provided below.
- First, you have to download the Removal Tool for the Sophos Antivirus program from the official Sophos website.
- Open to the folder on Mac in which you have saved the downloaded file and unzip the file.
- Search for the Remove Sophos Antivirus program, double-click it, and perform the on-screen guidelines to finish the installation.
- This installed removal tool is present in the Applications folder.
- Hold the Cmd and spacebar keys together on the keyboard.
- Now, the Spotlight search will display on the screen.
- Enter ‘Remove Sophos’ without single quotes and select the same from the search result.
- If you see a prompt dialog box with the ‘Remove Sophos Antivirus to make changes’ message, provide the correct administrator credentials in both the Username and Password fields.
- After you select the OK option, the removal tool begins to uninstall the Sophos Antivirus program from the Mac computer.
- Once done, the ‘The removal was successful’ message will be displayed on the screen.
- Exit the Remove Sophos Antivirus program by selecting the Close option.
If you want to uninstall the Sophos Antivirus program using the Terminal window, perform the following steps.
- Launch the Terminal window on the Mac computer.
- Type the ‘cd/Library/Application\ Support/Sophos/opm-sa/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/tools/’ command without including the single quotes and press the Enter key.
- Enter the ‘sudo ./InstallationDeployer–remove’ without the quotes in the Terminal window.
- This will how to Delete Sophos Antivirus Mac or uninstall the Sophos Antivirus program from the Mac computer.