How to connect your HP printer to computer?
The following page will teach you how to connect your HP printer to computer. Once the HP printer is connected, you can share it with your home network. By doing so, all other devices connected with to the same network can print from it even if a wired connection is not established.
The quick steps to connecting a wired HP printer on Windows PC
- Position the printer near your computer to establish a wired connection.
- Plug your HP printer into a power source and press the Power button.
- Connect the printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Click Start and choose Settings, located at the lower side of the window
- Click Devices — > Printers & Scanners tab on the left side of the window.
- Find Add a printer or scanner at the top of the page and click it.
- Identify your HP printer from the list and choose Add device.
- Customize the settings and use CD to install the printer software.
The elaborate procedure to connect the HP wireless printer to your computer
- Read the detailed procedure given below and learn to connect your HP printer to Windows and Mac computers. The printer should be connected directly to the router through Ethernet so that it receives an Internet connection.
- Place your computer in a way that it receives an uninterrupted internet signal. Your computer should be able to communicate with the Wireless router easily. Your printer should be plugged into a power source, and it’s Ethernet cable to the router. You can establish the wireless network connection either by converting a wired connection to wireless or by directly implementing wireless connection.
- Refer to the printer’s manual for specific setup instruction. If your printer’s package does not include a manual, you can download it from the manufacturer’s website. Complete the wireless setup on the user interface of your printer, or you can connect the printer directly to your Mac or Windows and then convert it into a wireless network.
- Read the specification and check if your HP printer supports the wireless network. Use the menu interface to search for wireless network. Enter the password when the screen prompts and connect it to the network. The computer and the HP printer should be connected to the same wireless network. The printer can be connected via Bluetooth also.
- Press the Start key on the keyboard and then click Settings. Choose Devices —> Printers & Scanners / Bluetooth & other devices. Click Add a printer or Scanner / Add Bluetooth or other device based on your preference. The Add window will display your printer’s name, select it. Click Connect, and this will connect your printer to the computer.
- The same procedure can be followed to connect your Mac PC to the HP printer. Connect your printer directly to the wireless network and then go to your Mac PC.
- Click on Apple Menu and select System Preferences. Click on Printers & Scanners and click the + button. Choose your HP printer’s name from the drop-down menu and connect it to the system.
- By following the above method, you can connect HP printer to your computer which can be either Windows or Mac PC.