- Connect Usb Keyboard To Mac
How To Connect Usb Keyboard To Mac?
If you are not comfortable with using your MacBook’s keyboard, you can always use an external keyboard for an easy interface. You can use any brand’s keyboard with your Mac device. You can just connect the keyboard and use it just as you do on a Windows computer.Proceed with the steps given below how To Connect Usb Keyboard To Mac device.
- Turn on your Mac device and plug in the USB keyboard to the correct port on your device.
- Make sure that you have connected the USB keyboard properly to your Mac device.
- Once you are plugged in, your Mac device will automatically detect the USB keyboard connected to your device.
- When the Keyboard Setup Assistant window prompts up, click the Continue button to identify the device.
- Press the key next to the right side of the Shift key on the left side of the keyboard.
- This process will allow the Mac device to identify the USB keyboard.
- In the next step, you will be prompted to press the key next to the left side of the Shift key on the right side of the keyboard.
- Press the correct key and choose the type of keyboard in the Conclusion window.
- Once you have selected the preferred keyboard, click the Done button.
- Go to the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option from the displayed list.
- Click Keyboard and select the Modifier Keys option at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- In the Select keyboard section, choose the USB Keyboard option from the drop-down list.
- Now, select the Command option from Control key.
- You can set the other options depending upon your choice to use shortcuts on the keyboard. Then, click the OK button.
- Now, you can use the how To Connect Usb Keyboard To Mac device.