- Network Printer Setup
How To Connect To A Network Printer?
It is not possible to have a separate printer for each computer if you are connected to a network. What you can do is, connect your printer to your network and share it so that any device that gets connected to the network can easily add the printer and access it. So, if you have a shared or network printer, how do you get connected to it? Read the following section to know how to connect to a network printer on a Windows 10 computer.
- The first and foremost step is to make sure that the printer is connected to your network.
- You can refer to your printer’s user manual for the steps to connect the printer to the network. This might vary based on the printer model.
- Once the printer is connected to the network, it becomes a network printer. Now, you can proceed to connect your Windows 10 computer to the network printer.
- For this, turn on your computer and connect it to the same network. If you connect your computer to some other network, then you won’t be able to connect to the printer.
- After connecting the computer to the same network to which the printer is connected, click the Start button on the taskbar.
- Click the Settings icon and then click the Devices option in the Settings window.
- In the next window, click the Printers & scanners option on the left panel.
- Navigate to the main panel and click Add a printer or scanner.
- Now, the network printer will be displayed.
- Select the printer and click the Add device option.
- In case the network printer is not listed, then you have to select The printer that I want isn’t listed. Then proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen to connect your printer. If you still have any queries on how to connect to a network printer, contact our technical experts.