- Connecingt Mac To Ethernet
How To Connect Mac To Ethernet?
Earlier, before Wi-Fi became the most convenient and the most well-known method to connect MAC to ethernet, using the internet cable was the only way of connecting your Mac or Windows computer. Let us now see how to connect your Mac to Ethernet. In other words, we will see how to make a wired network connection using your Mac and Ethernet cable.
In case your Mac contains an Ethernet port, then well and good. Follow these instructions to connect the Mac to Ethernet:
- First, plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the internet connection at its source.
- Ensure that you have switched on the internet.
- Connect the other end of your Ethernet cable to your Mac through the Ethernet port.
- Now, open the default web browser and test your internet connection. If the connection works fine, it means that you have a fully-functioning wired internet and then you connect MAC to ethernet.
- Nowadays, many of the modern Mac devices do not come with Ethernet ports. Ethernet ports have become less common since they tend to occupy a lot of hardware space. But, some users consider connecting to the internet using Ethernet ports and cables to be more secure.
If your Mac does not contain an Ethernet port, continue with the following instructions:
- To start with, check your Mac to see what ports it has. The modern-day Mac usually has a USB port or a Thunderbolt port or both.
- Depending on what type of port your Mac contains, you need to buy any one of the following:
- For a USB port, get a Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. (or)
- For a Thunderbolt port, get an Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
- Now, connect MAC to ethernet Adapter you have bought to the USB port or the Thunderbolt port on your Mac.
- It is now time to connect your Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the internet connection (at its source). Connect the other end to your Adapter.
- Navigate to the Apple menu. Go to System Preferences.
- Under System Preferences, select the Network option.
- You will now see a message that states, “New Interface Detected.” Now, click the OK button.
- Click the Apply button to save all of your settings.
- If you are using the Thunderbolt Adapter, you can make the connection more secure by performing these steps:
- Click the Thunderbolt Ethernet interface.
- Go to the Advanced option.
- Now, you can alter the settings like making your connection automatic, setting the speed, and other such changes.
- You have now successfully cconnect MAC to ethernet. You are all set to go.