- Connect A Mac And A Pc Over A Network
How To Connect Mac And Pc Over Network?
The two ways of connecting your Mac computer and PC over a network are provided on this web page. You can refer to any one of the methods given here to establish the network connection. Carry out these steps how to connect mac and pc over network.
- Check if you have turned on both your Windows computer and the Mac computer.
- Both these computers should be separately connected to the same wireless network.
- Go to the Mac computer, navigate to the Apple menu, and select the System Preferences option.
- Click the Sharing option and then select the File Sharing option from the left panel.
- Navigate to the Windows Sharing section and note down the IP address of the Mac computer.
- This will be required later to establish the connection between the Windows computer and the Mac computer.
- Go to the Windows computer and then hold the Ctrl and R keys at the same time on the keyboard.
- Type the IP address of the Mac computer that you have noted previously and click the OK option in the Run dialog box.
- If prompted, you have to enter the Mac computers username and password in the appropriate fields.
- If the connection establishment is successful, you will see all the shared folders of Mac on the Windows computer.
- Follow these steps we can proceed that how to connect mac and pc over network.
- First, plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of your Windows computer.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of the Mac computer.
- Turn on both the Windows and Mac computers.
- On the Windows computer, access the Start menu and click the Settings or gear-shaped icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the Network option, right-click on the Ethernet connection, and select the Turn Sharing On option.
- Select the Yes option followed by the Turn on Sharing and Connect to Devices option.
- Go to the File Explorer window, right-click the Computer or My PC option on the left panel, and choose the Properties option.
- Note down the information in the Computer Name and Workgroup field.
- This information will be helpful while connecting the Windows computer to Mac.
- Go to the Mac computer, navigate to the Dock, and click the Finder icon.
- When you see the Finder window, click the Go option and select the Connect to Server option followed by the Browse option.
- Choose the name of the Windows computer from the list and then click the Connect As option.
- When promoted, fill the Workgroup Name, Username, and Password fields with the correct information that you have noted from the Windows computer.
- If needed, select the Remember this password in My Keychain option.
- This will help to establish the connection between the Windows and the Mac computers easily in the future.
- By using these above steps we can execute that how to connect mac and pc over network.