- Connect Laptop To WiFi On Windows 10
How To Connect Laptop To WiFi Windows 10?
A computer or laptop without an Internet connection is useless. Almost all the latest PCs/laptops can be connected to the Internet over a wired or wireless connection. However, most people prefer the Wi-Fi connection to connect their computers to the Internet. Why? Compared to the wired connection, the wireless one is easy to set up and is also cost-effective. Learn How To Connect Laptop To WiFi Windows 10 easily and quickly in the below section.
Before Beginning The Wi-Fi Connectivity Process, Ensure The Following:
- Your wireless router or access point (that you’re using for the Wi-Fi setup) is turned on and ready for the setup
- Your laptop supports the Wi-Fi connectivity
- The Windows 10 laptop is not connected to the Internet over a wired connection
In case your laptop doesn’t support Wi-Fi connectivity, get a wireless USB adapter for the laptop, and then follow the below instructions. You can connect your Windows 10 laptop to Wi-Fi in different ways.
From the taskbar
From the Settings screen
The below section explains both the methods in detail.
From the taskbar (Automatic)
- Initially, turn on your Windows 10 laptop if it is turned off.
- Next, connect the wireless USB adapter to your laptop if necessary.
- Now, in the taskbar of your laptop, locate and click on the Network icon.
- If you can’t find the Network icon in the taskbar, then click on the Up arrow to view the hidden icons and select the Wi-Fi option.
- Now, your computer will display the available wireless networks’ SSIDs.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that you wish to use and click on the Connect button.
- In the given field, type the selected network’s password.
- Click the Next button followed by Yes.
- Once your laptop is connected to the selected network, the Connected message will be displayed on the screen.
From The Settings Screen (Manual)
- Click on the Windows icon on your laptop’s taskbar.
- Select the Settings option.
- Now, go to the NETWORK & INTERNET section of the Settings window and click on the Wi-Fi option.
- Click the Network & Sharing Center option under the Related Settings section.
- Now, a dialog box titled Network and Sharing Center will open.
- Go to the Change your networking settings section.
- Click the following option: Set up a new connection or network in the opened window.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network.
- Now, in the given fields, type your Network name, Encryption type, and Security Key. Similarly, choose the Security type from the drop-down menu.
- Select the following options: “Start this connection automatically” and “Connect even if the network is not broadcasting” if necessary.
- Click Next.
- Once the Wi-Fi connectivity is made successfully, the “Successfully added” message is displayed on the screen.
- Click the Close button.
To know more about How To Connect Laptop To WiFi Windows 10, contact our technical experts by clicking the Call Us or Call button provided on this page.