- Connect iPhone to Mac Via Usb
How to Connect iPhone to Mac Via USB?
You can connect your iPhone directly to a Mac using USB. This connection will allow you to do the following functions: How to Connect iPhone to Mac Via USB.
- You can set up your iPhone.
- You can charge the battery on the iPhone.
- You will have the facility of transferring files to and from the iPhone.
- You will also have the advantage of sharing the internet connection on your iPhone.
Before you start connecting your iPhone to your Mac, ensure that you are equipped with the following:
- Your Mac should contain a USB port.
- The version of your Mac must be an OS X 10.9 or a later one.
Once you are sure that your Mac satisfies the above two conditions, carry out the instructions given below:
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac by using the Lightning to USB cable. This cable will be included in the iPhone package. Otherwise, make use of the USB-C to Lightning cable, which will also be included. Your iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max will have these cables included.
- If the iPhone makes use of the Lightning to USB cable, and your Mac contains a USB-C port, then try using the USB-C to Lightning cable. Or else, utilize a USB-C to USB adapter. You can buy this adapter separately.
- In case the iPhone makes use of the USB-C to Lightning cable, and your Mac contains a USB port, then try using a Lightning to USB cable. You can buy this cable separately too.
- Now, we have completed the connection part. Next, we will see how to transfer files between your iPhone and Mac:
- On your Mac, in the Finder sidebar, choose your iPhone.
- Important Note: You will need macOS Catalina to use the Finder for transferring your files. You have to use iTunes for transferring files if you are using older versions of macOS.
- Now, go to the top of your Finder window. Select the Files option. Then, choose any one of the following instructions as per your requirements:
For transferring files from your Mac to iPhone:
- From your Finder window, drag a single file or a collection of files on to any one of the app names on your list.
For transferring files from your iPhone to Mac:
- On your iPhone, click the disclosure triangle located next to one of the app names. This action will let you see the list of files on your iPhone.
- Now, drag any one of the files or a collection of files to the Finder window. If you wish to delete a file from your iPhone, do the following:
- Choose the file that you want to delete below any of the app names.
- Next, press Command-Delete.
- Finally, click the Delete button.
- We have now seen how to Connect iPhone to Mac Via USB. We have also learned how to transfer files between your iPhone and Mac.