How to connect hp printer to wifi?
To connect the HP printer Wi-Fi, you need an active Internet connection established with the help of a Wireless router. There are various methods for establishing a wireless connection. By implementing any one of the ways, you can successfully connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi.
The quick steps to connect the HP printer to using the WPS method
- Power on your portable HP printer.
- Use the controls on the display panel and connect to the wireless network.
- Press the right arrow key and then tap Setup.
- Prefer Network Setup and choose Wi-Fi Protected Setup Wizard.
- Select the Network name(SSID) from the list displayed.
- Enter the WEP/WPA passphrase or security key and tap Done.
- Press the OK button so that you confirm the settings.
- Tap OK when the display prompts to print the wireless report.
The detailed procedure to connect the HP printer to Wi-Fi
- There are many ways for establishing Wi-Fi connection to your HP printer. Prefer any one of the techniques that your printer can support. The traditional method of establishing a connection is through USB.
- You can connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable. Use the installation CD or navigate the website for downloading the latest printer driver for your printer.
- Use the HP Auto Wireless Connect method, and this lets you connect the printer to wireless devices without using any wires or entering network authenticatio_x000B_The detailed procedure for connecting the HP Deskjet printer to Wi-Fi.
- The HP Auto Wireless Connect will provide you instructions to install the printer driver software on your computer.
- When the wizard prompts, choose the Network type and then select “Yes, send wireless settings to the printer.”
- Once you are done with it, the HP Auto Connect feature will take care of the remaining process. If there is any difficulty with the above method, probably you can use other setup methods.
- Prefer running the Wireless Setup Wizard on the control panel of the HP printer. Note that this wizard method is applicable only for the printers with a touch display. Using your finger hit on the wireless icon and go to the Network menu.
- From the list of active wireless network, discover your network name or SSID. If the list does not contain the network name you are searching for, enter it manually using the pop-up keypad. Enter the security password when the screen alerts.
- Make sure to enter the network credentials accurately as they are case sensitive. You can implement the WPS method when the methods mentioned above fail. There are two approaches in Wi-Fi Protected Setup technique, WPS Push Button and PIN method.
- First, make sure that your router has WPS button on it. Go through the specification of the printer and check if it supports the WPS method. Press the WPS push button on your HP printer and two minutes later, press the WPS button on your wireless router, this will connect the printer to the wireless network.
- When the display prompts The PIN, open the software for the wireless router and enter the WPS PIN. I am sure by following the elaborated procedure, and you can connect the HP printer to Wi-Fi.