How to Connect HP Printer to mac without USB
[SOLVED]How to Connect HP Printer to mac without USB
How to Connect HP Printer to mac without USB cable – The possible ways to connect the HP printer to Mac is installing a Mac print driver using the Apple Software update.
Quick steps to connect the HP printer to mac without USB
- Download and install the HP Print Driver.
- To connect the HP printer to Mac, follow these steps.
- Click the Apple icon on the left-side corner of your Mac system.
- Select System preferences on the Mac.
- Click on the option Printers and Scanners.
- Press the plus symbol (+) to add your printer. After adding it, click again on the plus symbol.
- A new window will appear. Select the IP icon at the top and fill the required information.
- Click the Add option found at the bottom to add your printer to your computer. It will appear on the list once configured.
The Elaborate steps to connect the HP printer to Mac without USB
- Always install the best available printer driver and software on your Mac OS 10.7 or later. For installing the HP driver through Apple Software Update, first create a new print queue on the Mac.
- The HP drivers automatically download and install through Apple Software Update mostly. If you want to manually download the software and drivers, go to HP Printers Drivers section from a web browser on your Mac system.
- On your Mac system, click the Apple menu and then select the option System Preferences. Based on your operating system version, Click Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers and Scanners. Now, check if the name of your printer is listed in the printer’s list. If not, follow any one of the below steps.
- If the printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm the communication and to ensure that the right device is installed. Click the name of your printer and then click the (-) sign to delete the printer. If the printer is removed, click the (+) symbol to Add Printer or Scanner.If your printer name is not listed, click Add Printer to Scanner and select the name of your printer. Continue to the next step.
- Click the option Use or Print using menu and then select the name of your printer from the list. While selecting, be careful that you don’t select a Generic driver option from the Use menu as it results in limited printer functionality.
- Tap the Add option to add your printer to the list. When prompted to install the software, click Download and install to finish the installation. If you get a pop up on the screen that the software is currently unavailable, click Cancel.
- Go to the HP Printer and Scanner Software for macOS Sierra website to manually install the drivers. Close the System Preferences window. Try to print, scan, or fax based on your printer functionality. If you can print, scan, or fax, then your driver is installed and you can use your printer. If you are unable to print, scan, or fax, then it means your driver is not installed. Repeat the above steps for How to Connect HP Printer to mac without USB.