Connect HP Printer to Laptop With USB
How to Connect HP Printer to Laptop with USB
A USB cable is designed to standardize the connection of peripherals like keyboard, pointing devices, printers, and laptops to communicate and supply electric power. Many laptops lack a printer port. Using a USB cable to a printer is the easiest way to connect
Quick Steps to Connect HP printers to a laptop with USB cable
- Plug in the printer to a wall socket and make sure the switch on the outlet is not turned on.
- Install the ink cartridges in the correct slots.
- Load the correct papers in the input tray.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other end to a laptop.
- Power on your printer. As you are using the USB cable, it can detect your printer’s name and install the software.
- Don’t discard the USB cable or turn off your printer while it’s printing.
- If you have issues in adding your printer, open the control panel and double-click the Printers or Faxes icon to display a list of printers available.
- Click Add a Printer or Add printer task to run the Add Printer Wizard which helps you in completing the printer setup task.
The Elaborate Steps to Connect the HP Printer to Laptop with USB
- Prepare the printer for setup. Ensure that your printer is turned on. Get a USB cable which is less than three meters in length and check if there is an available USB port on your laptop. If you are connected through a USB hub or dock station, the printer will not receive sufficient power to operate efficiently.
- If you have connected the USB cable to the laptop before installing the HP driver, follow the steps to remove the printer from the installed devices. Discard the USB cable from the laptop. Connect the cable only when you get a prompt during the driver installation.
- In the Windows device, search for a device, then click the Devices and Printers option on the Control Panel settings. Right-click on your printer model then click Remove device. Remove the multiple icons for the printer. After removing, close the Devices and Printers window to proceed further.
- Now install the driver and set up the connection. Go to the manufacturer’s website, enter your printer model, and follow the on-screen instructions to download your driver. The recommended installation app HP Easy Start. On downloading the driver, follow the instructions displayed onscreen to open the downloaded file and start the setup. If the printer is not found on the manufacturer’s website or the download fails, continue the following steps to install.