Connect HP Printer to Computer with USB
How to Connect HP Printer to Computer with USB?
This page will teach you How to Connect HP Printer to Computer with USB. Once the HP printer is connected, you can share it with your home network. By doing so, all other devices get connected to the same network and can print even if a wired connection is not established.
Quick Steps to Connecting a Wired HP Printer on Windows PC
- Place the printer near your computer to establish a wired connection.
- Plug the HP printer’s power cord into a power source and press the Power button.
- Connect the HP printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Click Start —> choose Settings, located at the lower side of the window
- Select Devices — > Printers & Scanners tab on the left side of the window.
- Find “Add a printer or scanner” at the top of the window and click on it.
- Pick your HP printer from the list and choose “Add Device”.
- Customize the basic settings and make use of the CD to install the printer driver.
Detailed Procedure to Connect the HP Wireless Printer to your Computer
- Read the detailed procedure given below and learn to connect your HP printer to your Windows or Mac computer. The HP printer should be linked directly to the router through the Ethernet so that it receives an Internet connection.
- Place your personal computer in such a way that it receives an uninterrupted internet signal. Your computer should be able to communicate with the Wireless router easily. Your printer should be plugged into a power source and it’s Ethernet cable to the router. You can establish the wireless network connection either by converting a wired connection to wireless or by directly implementing the wireless connection.
- Refer to the printer’s manual for specific setup instructions. If your printer’s package does not include a manual, you can download it from the manufacturer’s website. Complete the wireless setup on the user interface of your printer, or you can connect the printer directly to your Mac or Windows computer and then convert it into a wireless network.
- Read the specifications and check if your HP printer supports the wireless network. Use the menu interface to search for a wireless network. Enter the password when the screen prompts and connect it to the network. Your computer and HP printer should be connected to the same wireless network. The printer can be connected via Bluetooth also.
- Press the Start key on the keyboard and then click Settings. Choose Devices —> Printers & Scanners / Bluetooth & other devices. Click Add a printer or Scanner / Add Bluetooth or other device based on your preference. The Add window will display your printer’s name, select it. Click Connect, and this will connect your printer to the computer.
- The same procedure can be followed to connect your Mac PC to the HP printer. Connect your printer to the wireless network directly and then go to your Mac PC.
- Select the Apple Menu and select System Preferences. Click on Printers & Scanners and select the + button.
- Choose your HP printer’s name from the drop-down menu and connect it to the system. By following the above method, How to Connect HP Printer to Computer with USB cable.