How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to MAC
How to connect HP Officejet pro 6978 to mac, gather the network name & password. Turn on your router, printer, and mac. From the HP website, download and install the most recent version of the full feature driver.
Steps to connect the HP Officejet Pro 6978 to mac
- Connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Gather the Network name, and password for the installation.
- Turn on your computer and router and make sure they are linked to the same wireless network.
- Detach any USB or Ethernet cables connected to the printer.
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to your network.
- Download & install the latest version of the driver.
- The printer driver is also available on the manufacturer’s website.
The elaborate steps to connect hp Officejet pro 6978 to mac
- Start the set up after gathering the network name, network password, a computer connected to your wireless network, and Internet access. The SSID is the network name (Service Set Identifier), network password also called the WEP key. Internet access used to download the software. Turn on the printer and the router. Make sure the printer & computer connected to the same wireless network.
- Unlink any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer if connected. Connect the printer to your wireless router by using the Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard helps you to find the printer during installation. On the printer’s control panel, swipe down the home screen to open the Dashboard and then press the Wireless icon.
- Click the Setup icon and then touch Wireless Settings —> Wireless Setup Wizard. Touch the name of your network from the list of networks and then press OK. If your network name is not available in the list, then select Enter New Network Name, and connect to the internet.
- If required, enter the WEP or WPA key & then touch Done. A summary screen displays, & press OK to return to the home screen. Make sure you use uppercase & lowercase letters for the network name and password.
- Download the current version of your printer software from the HP website. During the installation, if an Auto Wireless Connect screen displays, use it to complete the wireless setup. Otherwise, follow the instructions in the software.
- Turn on the printer and disconnect the cable from the computer. Select the printer from the list. Press the Download button next to HP Easy Start, or the full feature driver based on the option that is selected. To begin the installation, open the Download folder in your Mac dock and then click the HP Easy Start.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to set up the printer & install the software. Click Add Printer and then click the name of your printer —> Use or Print Using —> Add. To complete the installation, return to the HP installer.