How to connect HP Envy 5660 printer to Mac
To connect any HP printer to your personal device, you need to install the printer driver that is available online for free. Once the set up is done, you can connect your HP Envy 5660 printer to Mac computers.
The quick and simple steps to connect the HP printer on Mac computers
- Go to Apple menu and then choose System Preferences from it.
- Choose Print & Fax or Printers & Scanners based on your OS type.
- Check if you can find the name of your HP 5660 printer is displayed on the list.
- Click on the (+) plus sign and choose “Add Printer,” if your printer is not listed.
- Pick your printer after clicking “Use or Print Using” menu.
- Download and install the software when the screen prompts you to do so.
- Click “Add” and the printer is added to the list.
- Close the preferences window and do a test print.
The elaborate procedure to install an HP printer on Mac PCs
- For installing any HP printers on Mac, use the best available printer driver software. Be sure to power up the printer and connect with the computer before you begin installing. You can use a USB cable or connect via a local Wi-Fi network. You have to install the HP driver through Apple Software Update.
- Create a print queue on your Mac device. The Apple Software update downloads the driver but, you can also download it manually through the official site or the Apple Support. Get back to the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Print & Fax, or Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, and options vary based on your OS’s version.
- Check if your HP device’s name listed in the Printers list. If you can find your Envy on the list, remove and re-add it to make sure the connection is made, and the driver is installed. You have to highlight your printer, click on the (-) minus button, this may remove the printer from the list. Click on the (+) plus sign to add the Envy back to your Mac again.
- If you can’t find the printer on the list then, click “Add Printer” or “Scanner.” If you try to add Envy to Mac but it fails, review the printer’s connection. Pull-out the USB wire and reconnect it to the Mac machine. When using a wireless connection, confirm that both the devices lay on the same network.
- Attempt to add the printer to Mac and choose “Use or Print Using” menu and then select your printer’s name. If the Mac prompts to install the software, click on Download and Install to complete the installation.
- Click cancel when the screen displays “Software is currently unavailable.” Try to install the printer driver manually and later close the System Preferences window. Try to Print, Scan, or Fax from your Mac computer.
- It is suggested to install the full-featured driver to utilize the most functionality of the printer. By following the above-detailed install the HP printer to Mac.