How to connect HP Envy 5640 to Wi-Fi
First, connect your computer and printer to a wireless network. You have to install the printer driver in the system to which you are going to connect the printer. Read the document below and learn how to connect HP Envy 5640 to Wi-Fi using the detailed procedure.
The simple and quick steps to connect the HP printer to Wi-Fi
- Start gathering the network credentials of the router.
- Confirm that all the devices are in active state.
- Check for the driver updates if the software is previously installed.
- Change the USB connection into wireless.
- Search for HP folder in the C drive and then click on your printer.
- Click Printer Setup & Software Selection option from Utilities.
- Click the option “Convert a USB connected printer to wireless”.
- Follow the directions on the screen and connect HP printer to Wi-Fi.
The elaborate procedure to connect your HP Envy 5640 printer to Wi-Fi
- The following document will be informative to connect your HP Envy 5640 printer to Wi-Fi. You can connect your printer to any of your operating system like Windows or Mac OS.
- You can establish a Wi-Fi connection during first time setup, or you can convert the existing connection type to Wi-Fi. Connecting the HP Envy 5640 printer to a wireless network has its own advantages. Y
- ou need not to worry about the length of the USB cable that you are using to connect with the computer. You can print from anywhere within the range of the router. You can print the files that are stored in Cloud too. So to use the most of your HP Envy 5640 printer, you have to install the printer driver software.
- If you previously installed the driver through other connection types, for example, if you have established a connection via USB then, you can convert it into a wireless connection.
- First, prepare for installation. You need to gather all the requirements for accessing network privilege. Make sure you know the Network name or SSID and the security password of your network. It is advised to use a broadband Internet for a secured connection. Check if all the devices are powered on.
- The computer and the printer should receive the Internet from the same network. If you have plugged any USB, kindly remove it in this stage. For changing the previously established USB connection, follow the subsequent procedure.
- Navigate the HP folder on the computer and identify your printer from it. Click “Printer Setup & Software Selection” from the Utilities of the HP Printer Assistant window. You will find either “Convert a USB connected printer to wireless” or “Connect a new printer.”
- The phrases can vary based on the version of your computer. The USB connection would have been now converted to a wireless connection. If you are setting up for the first time, access the Wireless Setup Wizard from the display panel of your printer.
- Power up the printer and tap on the Wireless icon. Touch the Settings icon and navigate to Wireless Settings. Follow the directions displayed as you select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Go to the official site and install most recent version of the printer driver software. The download may take time depending on the speed of the Internet. By following the above-detailed procedure, you can connect HP Envy 5640 printer to Wi-Fi.