How to connect HP Envy 5540 wireless printer setup?
Before you start printing with your HP Envy 5540 from your computer, you have to connect it to the network. Establish a wireless connection to your devices and install the printer software on your computer. The instructions are given in this document below guide you to set up the HP printer wirelessly.
The quick steps to establish a wireless connection to your HP printer
- Download the printer software for your printer from online.
- Gather the network credentials like the network name and passphrase.
- Power up all the devices and connect them to the same wireless network.
- Tap on Wireless icon and then on the Settings icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard from the options.
- Select your network name from the list.
- Enter the name manually if you cannot find the name on the list.
- Touch Done and then tap OK.
The elaborate procedure to setup HP Envy 5540 wireless printer
- To work with any printer, you need to complete the setup procedure first. You can connect a printer to the network and establish a wireless connection if the printer supports.
- To setup the HP Envy 5540 printer, install the printer driver on the computer. The next step is to prepare the device for installation. All your devices should be turned on that is the printer, computer, and the router.
- The network name is also called as SSID ID, and the passphrase is WEP or WPA key. The computer to which you are going to connect your printer should be connected to a network.
- HP recommends using a broadband connection and make sure the same wireless connection should be made for the printer too. Place your printer near the router until the process is complete.
- If any USB or Ethernet cable is connected to the to the device, remove them and reinsert them only when the screen prompts you. If you previously installed the printer software via USB connection, you can convert it into a wireless connection.
- Follow the procedure below. Go to Devices & Printers and then locate your device from the list. Open the printer software and then click on Utilities option. Choose Printer Setup & Software Selection option.
- Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer and this phrase may change depending on the version of the software. The setup is complete now, and you can start working with your wireless printer.
- If you are establishing new setup then the process with the built-in setup wizard, view the printer’s touch panel and tap on the Wireless icon on it. On the Wireless summary page, tap on the Settings Icon and touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Touch your network name from the list or manually enter the SSID name. Enter the WEP or WPA passphrase when the screen prompts. The passphrase is sensitive that is the lower case is distinct from the upper case and so enter it carefully.
- Click Done and then tap OK. The setup is complete. I am sure the above-detailed procedure will be informative to setup HP Envy 5540 printer.