How to connect HP Envy 5020 to Wi-Fi
The document given below provides you a procedure to connect HP Envy 5020 to Wi-Fi. To set up an HP printer on wireless, you need to connect it to the network. Refer to the content below to learn the quick steps and elaborate procedure.
The easy steps to connect HP Envy 5020 printer to Wi-Fi
- Prepare the printer for the installation process.
- Know the Network name and network password to connect with the router.
- Power up and connect your computer to a wireless network.
- Use the HP Setup Wizard and establish a wireless connection to the printer.
- Tap on the Wireless icon on the home screen of the control panel.
- Go to Settings —> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select your network if listed or enter the network name.
- Tap OK and enter the WEP key, connect to the Wi-Fi.
The elaborate procedure to connect HP Envy 5020 printer to Wi-Fi
- The below-given procedure is for the HP Envy 5000 series printers. If your printer supports printing through wireless, connect it to the network. You have to install the official website and download the updated version of the printer driver.
- During installation, the setup screen prompts you to choose the connection type. Choose the preferred network type and proceed with the installation process. The Network name, password and all other necessary network credentials should be familiar to you.
- If you want to know the password, use the label on the router or go to the network settings panel and get the passphrase to connect to the network. The computer to which you are going to link your printer should also be connected to the same network.
- Before you begin the installation, check if all the devices are powered up and position in such a way that they can easily communicate wirelessly. If you have connected any USB or Ethernet cable, kindly remove them from your HP Envy 5020 printer.
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard as the connection type, and the HP installer identifies your printer during the setup process. Go to the control panel of the HP Envy printer and press the wireless icon.
- As you tap on the Setup icon, you will be able to choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option. If you can find the name of your network, just give a tap on it. If not, you can enter the network name and type the password when the display prompts.
- Tap OK when you see the network summary screen to return to the home screen. Once the connection is established successfully, you can install the recent version of the software. You can prefer the Auto Wireless Connect if the screen prompts.
- The printer’s packaging includes installation CD, and you can use them to set up the driver. You have to double click on the setup file to open the installer window. In the same way, choose the connection type and click Install.
- The process takes some time depending on the speed of the internet. I am sure by implementing the above procedure you can connect HP Envy 5020 printer to Wi-Fi.