- Connecting Honeywell Thermostat to Wifi
How to Connect Honeywell Thermostat to Wifi?
For connecting your Honeywell thermostat to a Wi-Fi network, you will need a laptop, a smartphone, or a tablet. Execute the following instructions to connect Honeywell thermostat to WiFi network:Ask the Question!
- First, you have to verify whether Wi-Fi SETUP is displayed at the top of your thermostat screen. If it is not, then follow these steps:
- On your thermostat, press the FAN and the UP buttons at the same time for about 3 seconds to connect honeywell thermostat to Wifi.
- On the new screen that displays next, you will find two numbers.
- Press the NEXT button many times to change the number on the left of your screen to 39.
- Now, press the UP or DOWN arrows to change the number on the right to 0.
- Once you set these numbers, press the DONE button. This button is the first one from the left. By pressing the DONE button, you will be putting your thermostat in the Wi-Fi setup mode.
- View the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your wireless device- laptop, smartphone, or tablet (whichever device you are using now).
- Choose the network named NewThermostat_123456. This number might vary. Remember that this action will disconnect your mobile device from the local Wi-Fi network and will connect it to your thermostat.
- In case you are requested to specify an office, home, or public network, choose the Home Network option.
- Open your web browser and access the Thermostat Wi-Fi Setup page. Using this page, you can connect your thermostat to the Wi-Fi network.
- In most cases, your mobile device’s browser will direct you to the correct page automatically. If it doesn’t, then type in the following address in your web browser: http://192.168.1.1.
- On the page that appears find your home network’s name and choose it.
- Click the CONNECT button to join the Wi-Fi network. On the screen of your thermostat, the Wait message will appear. Please wait for the Wi-Fi network connection process to finish. You have to wait for a short period for the process to get over.
- If a password is protecting your network, you have to enter this password to connect honeywell thermostat to Wifi