- Connecting Hard Drive to Mac
How to Connect Hard Drive to Mac?
Let us see how to connect hard drive to MAC and LaCie USB 3.0 external hard drive to your Mac system. The procedure will be the same for any type of external hard drive.Ask the Question!
- By using Disk Utility on Mac, you can connect an external hard drive to your Mac computer.
- At the top of the Disk Utility window, click the Partition option.
- In the dialog box that displays on your screen, under Partition Information, give a name for the external hard drive.
- From the drop-down list next to the Format field, choose the file type.
- Click the Apply button.
- The new partition will be created with the space you set up.
- Click the expand button next to the Show Details option. You can see it going through the console.
- Click the Done button to connect hard drive to MAC.
- To check if this procedure works, click an image on your desktop and drag it to the LaCie USB 3.0 hard drive.
- Now, the image can be seen in your external hard drive.
- You will see that you can access the LaCie USB 3.0 hard drive easily.
You have now complte the process connect hard drive to MAC and your LaCie USB 3.0 external hard drive to your Mac computer.