How to Connect Google Home to Chromecast
How to Connect Google Home to TV?
To link Google Home to Chromecast, all you need is a Google Chromecast linked into an available HDMI port on your TV. Make sure that you have connected your Google Home device and Chromecast on the same network. The simple steps form How to Connect Google Home to TV for your home.
Quick Steps to Connect Google Home Device to Chromecast
- Ensure that your Chromecast is set up to work with your TV & Wi-Fi network.
- Connect Android phone or iPhone, & Google Home to the same network.
- Launch the Google Home app on your gadget.
- Ensure that you use the same Google account that you set up on your Google Home smart speaker.
- To add a new device, tap on the big Plus icon on the display. In the resulting list, new equipment displayed.
- Activating Google Home with your voice is supported.
- Either say Hey Google or OK Google, the catchphrase is used.
Read the instruction to connect the Google Home to Chromecast
- All you need is a Google Chromecast plugged into an HDMI port on your TV & the Google Home app for Chromecast to interface it. Make sure that you have connected your Google Home device & Chromecast on the same network, & the Chromecast is set up to work with your TV and Wi-Fi network.
- Now make sure that you can connect your Google Home device with the Chromecast device. Now start to connect Google Home to Chromecast. First, plug your Google Home & Chromecast, & your Android phone or iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network. After setting the Wi-Fi connection, launch the Google Home app on your device.
- Make sure to use the same Google account that you use to set up the Google Home smart speaker. In-app, Home screen –> Menu ( top left corner of the home screen). You can switch between the google accounts by just selecting the downward-facing triangle to the right of the account name.
- Next, tap More Settings—>TVs & Speakers. The currently linked devices, shown on the display screen. To add a new device, tap on the big Plus icon, on the lower right corner of your screen. If the set up is correct, then the new devices are displayed in the resulting list.
- To add that device to the Google’s Home screen, tap the checkbox next to the device name and then tap Add. Now, you can use the Google Home app for Chromecast. To set up video apps for Chromecast, you need to log in to the Google Home & Chromecast.
- The video app services that needed to log in are Netflix, CBS All Access, HBO Now, Viki, and Starz. The services that do not need a login are CW, Youtube/Youtube TV, Crackle, Red Bull, and Google Play Movies & TV. You can also control your Chromecast using voice command. It is much faster & convenient to use.
- To activate the Google Home with your voice, you need a catchphrase, either Hey Google or OK Google. In Netflix, HBO Now or CBS All Access you can use the catchphrase Play Stranger Things on my Chromecast. Similarly, for Youtube use, Play Fred Armisen Texas accents on my Chromecast.