Connect Google Home to Chromecast
How to Connect Google Home to Chromecast?
Google Home has become preferred devices in recent times. The device does not have a screen and thus you cannot stream a Netflix or YouTube videos. You can connect the Google Home with a TV that supports Chromecast on it. Read the below-given procedure and learn how to connect Google Home to Chromecast.
The Simple and Quick Steps to Connect Google Home to Chromecast
- Turn on the TV and connect it to the Google Chromecast.
- Refer to the setup guide and set the Chromecast into right input.
- Launch the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Identify the Devices icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Add a new device and follow the instruction on the subsequent screen.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and choose your network as Chromecast.
- Sign into your Google account and complete the Setup.
- View the setup using the Devices menu.
The Detailed and Elaborate Procedure to Connect Google Home to Chromecast
- You know Google Home devices work as per you give the voice instructions. But the device does not have a screen and hence streaming video with it is not possible. But you can connect the Chromecast device to your TV and then cast it with the Home devices.
- You have to initiate by plugging the Chromocast to your smart TV via HDMI port on your Television. Install the Google Home app from the respective app store to interface with the Chromecast device.
- The Chromecast should be connected to the wireless network and ensure that your Google Home device is also connected to the same wireless network. Use any of your smartphones that share the same wifi network as that of other devices.
- Open the Google Home app on your device. All the devices should be logged into the same Google Account. In the app screen look for More Settings and then choose TVs and Speakers. The resulting screen will display you all the devices that are actively linked.
- To add a device, click on the + Plus icon located at the lower right corner of your screen. If you have correctly connected the Chromecast, it will be displayed in the devices list. You will find a small checkbox next to the name of your device.
- Tap the checkbox and then touch Add. The set up is done now and you can start using Google Home app for Chromecast. There are a lot of video services available like Netflix, CBS All Access, HBO, etc. require to log in before using them with the Chromecast and Google Home Device. Using the voice commands, you can control the Chromecast via Google Home and mini device.
- Any voice instruction should begin with either of the two catchphrases that is “Hey Google” or “OK Google.” The devices will understand any command that follows the catchphrase. You can Play, Pause and Resume the Chromecast.
- More than this you can forward the contents of the video too, for example, to forward a video for three minutes, then use the phrase “Hey Google, Go forward for three minutes” and the device does asper your command. Once you are done, turn off the TV. To do so say “OK Google, turn off My Chromecast. The detailed procedure will assist you to connect Google Home devices to Chromecast.