- How to Connect Ethernet on Mac
How to Connect Ethernet on Mac?
You can use an Ethernet cable to connect your Mac to the internet. You can connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your Mac. Some Mac systems do not come with the Ethernet port. In this case, you can use the USB to connect to the Ethernet adapter. If you are using an internet modem, make sure the modem is turned on and connected to the jack. Following instructions on How to Connect Ethernet on Mac as below,Ask the Question!
Here are the steps to connect your Mac to the internet using the Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Mac if it has an Ethernet port.
- You can use the thunderbolt to gigabyte Ethernet adapter.
- Launch your Mac system.
- Once the Mac device opens, click on the Apple logo located at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the System preferences option from the menu and click Network.
- Select the Ethernet option on the left of the Networks list.
- Select the pop-up menu, configure IPv4, and select your ISP’s configuration method.
Using DHCP or Using BOOTP
Select one of these if you have received the IP address from your service provider.
Using DHCP with manual address
Click the option if you already have the IP address, and your service provider uses the DHCP.
If you have the IP address, the subnet mask, and the router address from the service provider, you can proceed to set up your network manually.
- Click the Advanced button.
- It will show you a set of DNS options to fill in.
- Click DNS, click the Add button located right below the DNS servers section.
- Enter the IP address belonging to the Service provider’s DNS server.
- If the ISP provides you with other settings such as the IPv6, click advanced to enter the settings.
- You can now click OK to proceed and save the settings for the Ethernet service.
- Now, the Ethernet interface on your Mac is enabled or How to Connect Ethernet on Mac.