How to connect dell v525w printer to wifi?
To connect your Dell V525W printer to Wi-Fi, set up a router network connection and then connect your printer and computer to the same network. Download the driver software file from Dell site and install it on your computer. Add your printer to your computer wirelessly and complete the driver installation.
Steps to connect Dell V525W Printer to Wi-Fi
- Set up a power connection and plug your printer power cable to the wall outlet.
- Turn on your Dell V525W printer and computer.
- Set up a wireless network connection on a network router.
- Move to the Printer operator panel and tap Set up.
- Press Network Setup option and then pick the WPS Push Method or PIN method.
- Select the PIN Method and then note down the 8-10 digit PIN.
- Type the WPS PIN on the Router Security Page.
- Press the Wi-Fi icon on the printer to set up a wireless network.
Procedure to connect your Dell printer to Wi-Fi
- Turn on your Dell V525W printer and router after linking to a stable alternating current source. Wake up your computer from the sleep mode and turn it active. Connect your router to a broadband connection that has a fast internet connection to download the driver files, install the firmware updates, and for using the web services. If you are using a dual band router or dual network mode (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz ), be cautious about enabling 2.4 GHz band. It is because Dell printers connect only up to 2.4 GHz band.
- Ensure that your printer and router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Locate and long press the WPS button on the operator panel of your printer. A prompt will appear on the screen indicating WPS mode is active or running. Wait for at least 2 – 3 minutes and let the devices connect. Print a Network Status Report and ensure a successful network configuration.
- If you are not able to connect your printer and router via the WPS method, connect your Dell printer to the network using the front operator panel on your printer. Press the Menu button and then select the System option. Press the Admin Setup Menu, press Network, and then touch the Wireless Setup option.
- Allow the printer to search for the list of the available networks. Choose and press your network name from the list. Enter the security passphrase when the panel prompts to enter. Wait for a few seconds until the printer connects to the router’s network.
- Print a Settings Report or Network configuration page after connecting to the network connection. After connecting your computer to the Wi-Fi network, look at the Dell Drivers and Downloads website on your web browser. Select your Dell product name and the computer Operating System and its version from the drop-down menu. Choose the driver file that you need to install on your computer and click the Download button.
- Open your browser download path and right click on the driver file to Run the file as Administrator. Follow the installation instructions that display on the screen and agree to the Dell installation terms and conditions. When the Dell installer prompts to select the Connection Type or Network Type, choose the Wireless Network option and complete the installation.