- How to Connect Contacts to Messages On Mac
How to Sync Contacts From iPhone To MAC?
Carry out these steps to sync contacts from iphone to mac on your Mac computer:Ask the Question!
- You need to sync your contacts to the iCloud account on your iPhone first.
- If you don’t have an iCloud account, go to Settings on your iPhone and select Contacts Accounts “Add Account.”
- Tap the iCloud option from the available email service providers and follow the on-screen instructions to create a new iCloud account and sync contacts from iPhone to MAC.
- If you already have an iCloud account, go to Settings and tap the iCloud tab.
- Under iCloud, toggle on the Contacts button.
- Confirm your action by clicking Yes if your iPhone asks you permission to merge the iPhone contacts to the iCloud account.
- You can verify whether the contacts are synchronized with the iCloud account by logging in to your iCloud account.
- On your macOS High Sierra computer, open Messages and click the Messages menu from the status bar.
- Select the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Accounts tab followed by your iMessage account.
- Mark the “Enable Messages on iCloud” checkbox and click the Sync Now button to synchronize your contacts from the iCloud account.
- If you aren’t able to sync your contacts, open the System Preferences window and click the General icon.
- In the General window, mark the “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices” checkbox.
- Now, open iMessages and click the Add icon available at the top-right corner of the window to view the contacts.
- Choose the contact you wish to text or call from the displayed list or type your contact name in the To field.
- Start sending messages or click Details followed by the Call button to communicate with the recipients via iMessages and you finally complete the sync contacts from iPhone to MAC.