- Connect Canon’s Powershot Sx530 Hs to Mac
How to Connect Canon Powershot Sx530 Hs to Mac?
This device is a digital camera that gives high-quality results. The main features of the Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera are listed below and here you know how to connect canon PowerShot sx530 hs to Mac.Ask the Question!
Features of the Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera:
- Capture everything even from long-range
- Adapts sharp photos automatically
- Connect easily to a Wi-Fi network
- Capture clear shots in any light
To connect the camera to your Mac computer through a wireless network, refer to the quick instructions mentioned on this web page.
- Ensure that you have configured your wireless router correctly. Connect your Mac computer to a wireless network.
- Go to the Mac computer, open the default web browser, and visit the official Canon website.
- Type ‘Powershot SX530 HS’ in the search bar and select the same from the displayed result.
- After clicking the Go button, navigate to the Drivers & Downloads section.
- Choose the correct Operating System of your computer from the Operating System drop-down list to know how to connect canon PowerShot sx530 hs to Mac.
- Once you click the Software tab, the lists of software for the Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera will be displayed on the screen.
- Click the Select button next to the ‘CameraWindow DC 8.10.11b for Mac OS X’ file.
- Save this file on the Mac computer by clicking the Download button. The downloaded file is saved as .dmg on the Mac computer.
- If you use the macOS Mojave v10.14 Operating System, the only software for the Canon Powershot SX530 HS is Image Transfer Utility 12.6 for Mac OS X.
- Irrespective of the software, the installation procedure on the Mac computer is the same.
- If you see the ‘Locating and Installing Your Download’ dialog box on the screen, read the information and click the X icon to exit.
- Click the down arrow at the top-right corner, select the downloaded file, and minimize the web browser on the Mac computer.
- Double-click the saved file on the desktop of your Mac computer to begin its installation process.
- Select the Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera’s installer file and click the Open button followed by the OK button.
- Once the installation wizard opens, select USA, Canada, Latin America the United States and click the Next button.
- As soon as you click OK, the license agreement of the Canon software will appear on the screen.
- After reviewing, agree with the End User License Agreement of the Canon software by clicking the Yes button.
- Type the administrator password and click the OK button in the ‘UninversalInstaller wants to make changes’ dialog box.
- The progress of the software installation of the Canon camera will be displayed on the screen. When you see the Installation dialog window, click Next.
- In the Canon Image Gateway window, select either the ‘Yes, I would’ or ‘No, I will register later’ option and click the Next button.
- Complete the software installation of the Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera on the Mac computer by clicking the OK button followed by the Finish button.
Canon Image Gateway account:
- If you already have the Canon Image Gateway account, log into it. If not, create a new account.
- After signing into the Canon Image Gateway account, the Welcome to Canon Image Gateway web page will appear on the screen.
- When you see a new window on the screen, go to the Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera.
- Set a date and time, insert a memory card, and turn off the Canon SX530 HS camera.
- Now, turn on the camera by pressing the playback button to know how to connect canon PowerShot sx530 hs to Mac.
Wireless network configuration
- After pressing the Wi-Fi button, type a nickname for the camera using the Directional pad and Set button.
- Once done, press the Menu button. After selecting the OK option, press the Set button.
- Select the Upload to Web Service icon and press the Set button on the camera.
- Select the Authenticate option, chose the name of the wireless network (SSID), and type the wireless network key (password).
- Once you press the Menu button, select Next Auto.
- The authentication code will be displayed on the Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera.
- Go back to the Mac computer, navigate to the Add new Wi-Fi Products section, and select the ‘Enter Authentication code here’ option.
- Type the authentication code that was displayed on the camera and click the Send button.
- Select the OK option on the camera and press the Set button.
- Check if the confirmation number display on the LCD panel of the camera matches the confirmation number on the Canon Image Gateway account.
- Once you select the OK option on the Canon camera, the Confirmation number matched dialog box will appear on the Canon Image Gateway account.
- Click the Next button and then select the Applications option from the Go menu on the desktop.
- After clicking the Image Transfer Utility icon, select the Add New Camera option.
- When the Image Transfer Utility dialog box opens, type the username and password of the Canon Image Gateway account and click the Login button.
- After ensuring that the Canon camera is selected from the appropriate drop-down menu, click OK.
- If you have any doubts about connecting the Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera to the Mac computer, click the Call button to get assistance from our technical experts to know how to connect canon PowerShot sx530 hs to Mac.