- Connecting AOL Mail To Outlook
How To Connect Aol Mail To Outlook?
AOL offers a lot of features to its users. Some of the best ones are the ability to unsend, recall emails, calendar features, and many more. As a result, AOL mail is one of the most sought services across decades. AOL mail also comes with a 250 GB mailbox, and using it, you can send emails with attachments of up to 25 MB.You can also use third-party email clients like Yahoo, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc., to have a copy of your AOL mail. In case you already have an AOL email account set up on such clients, you can easily configure the AOL Mail IMAP settings. When it comes to email settings, there are two protocols – IMAP and SMTP. AOL IMAP settings are useful when you want to access AOL mail from any device you want. When you have a read of your emails, you are not storing them anywhere but reading them from an email client. Let’s see how to connect AOL mail to outlook quickly.
Before you proceed with the actual procedure to connect AOL Mail to your Outlook, have a look at the settings for AOL email.
- Username: The AOL email address
- Password: The AOL email password
Incoming mail server
- Server name: pop.aol.com
- Port number: 995
- Encryption: SSL
Incoming mail server (IMAP)
- Server name: imap.aol.com
- Port number: 993
- Encryption: SSL
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Server name: smtp.aol.com
- Port number: 465
- Authentication required: SSL
With the AOL Mail server settings, you can connect your AOL email account to Outlook 2013 in simple steps.
So, scroll through the following steps.
- Open the Outlook 2013 application.
- Click the File menu.
- Select the Add account option.
- Select Manual Setup and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Click the radio button for the POP or IMAP option.
- Under Choose Service, click the Next button.
- Enter the required details for User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information (Information provided above).
- Click the More Settings… button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Make sure to select the checkbox for the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
- Click the OK button.
- Select Advanced and enter the port number information (This is based on the encryption method).
- Click OK.
- Outlook 2013 will now check the AOL Mail SMTP account configuration.
- Once the AOL account verification is complete, click the Finish button.
Follow the simple setup steps to connect AOL Mail to Outlook. For more information related to the email settings, click the CALL button pinned to this page. You can avail technical support from our team of experts.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.