- Connecting PC To A Monitor
How To Connect A Mac Or PC Laptop To A Monitor?
When you connect your Mac or PC laptop to a monitor, it gives you an option to mirror your Mac/PC to a bigger display. If you want to know how to connect a Mac or PC laptop to a monitor, this article will guide you in that regard.
Connect your PC to a monitor via Miracast
If you are using a Windows computer, Miracast technology enables you to mirror your computer to a monitor over a Wi-Fi network. Miracast is an innovative technology that connects two compatible devices directly. Windows 10/11 and Android devices are compatible with Miracast. However, the previous versions are not compatible with Miracast.
You can also establish the connection between your Mac/PC and a monitor using an HDMI cable, and you don’t even need to depend upon a Wi-Fi network. Connect your Mac/PC using an HDMI cable. If your computer is not mirroring automatically, continue reading the article until the end.
Connect your PC to a monitor via an HDMI cable
To connect your PC to a monitor, go to the Display settings section and rearrange your devices. Set your TV screen as the primary display and change the audio output in the Control Panel section. Follow these instructions for the detailed procedure.
- Turn on your PC and the monitor.
- Click on the Windows logo.
- In the search field, type “display settings” and press Enter.
- From the search results, click the Ease of Access display settings option.
- On the Settings screen, click Additional display settings.
- Rearrange your displays according to your preferences and click the Apply button.
Connect your Mac to a monitor
In case you are using a Mac computer, go to the System Preferences section and rearrange your devices. Also, make sure to set your TV monitor as the primary device. Change the sound output and select the type as HDMI. Proceed with the following instructions for the detailed procedure.
- Turn on your Mac and the monitor to which you are going to connect your Mac.
- On your Mac, click the Apple logo and choose System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click Displays.
- Go to the Arrangement tab, arrange your monitor display. Make the necessary changes and save them.
- Now, your Mac will be connected to your monitor.
In this manner, you can know how to connect a Mac or PC laptop to a monitor. If you still have questions, get back to us for remote assistance.