- To Clear Browser History
How To Clear Search History?
Deleting search history on your desktop, laptop, or hand-held device is quite simple. If you are facing difficulties in clearing the search history of your system’s web browser, then the instructions given below that how to clear search history.Ask the Question!
Concepts discussed in the section below are listed as follows:
Deleting or clearing the search history from
- Google Chrome
- Safari (mobile & desktop)
- Internet Explorer
- Google Maps
- Other Google Products
Clearing search history in the Google Chrome web browser
- Launch the Google Chrome web browser on your desktop or mobile device.
- Locate and click the menu or up arrow icon available at the top-right-hand side of the screen.
- Select the History option.
- Scroll down the History screen and select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Now, a dialog box will appear on the screen prompting you to select the data you wish to delete.
- Select the search history data you wish to clear.
- To clear the entire search history, select the cookies and other site data & cached images and files options by clicking the checkbox beside them.
- Finally, click the Clear Data option.
- By following steps we can execute that how to clear search history.
- Now, the search history clearing process begins.
- Once it is done, the Cleared Successfully or Completed message will appear on the screen.
- If you wish to disable the Autocomplete searches option in the Google Chrome application, then follow the instructions given below.
- Navigate to the Settings section and select the Sync and Google Services option.
- Click the Other Google Services option.
- Locate the Autocomplete searches and URLs option and click the toggle button beside it.
- The Autocomplete search option is disabled successfully.
Clearing search history in Firefox
- First, launch the Firefox application on your Windows or Mac system.
- Locate and click the menu or hamburger icon.
- Now, a window will appear on the screen.
- Select the Library option followed by History –> View History.
- Now, your search history will be displayed in two options, ranging from Today or Older than six months.
- Choose the option you wish to clear and right-click on it.
- Click the Delete option.
- Using these steps we can execute that how to clear search history.
To perform the same operation on your mobile device’s Firefox:
- Tap the three-dots available at the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Select the Settings option and choose the search history files that you wish to clear.
- Finally, tap the Delete button.
Steps to clear the search history on Safari (desktop)
- Locate and double-click on the Safari web browser icon.
- Navigate to the History tab and select the Clear History and Website Data option.
- Choose the time frame for which you wish to clear the history from the given drop-down menu.
- After that, click the Clear History button.
For Safari (mobile)
- Switch on your mobile device.
- Locate and tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll down the Settings screen and touch the Safari option.
- Select the Clear History and Website Data option.
Steps to clear the search history in the Internet Explorer application
For Internet Explorer version older than 10
- Open the Internet Explorer application on your system.
- Navigate to the Favorites section and click the History tab.
- You can select the option to view your browsing history.
- Choose the data you wish to remove from the search history and right-click on it.
- Click the Delete button.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to clear search history.
For IE version greater than 10 or 11
- Locate and click the Tools option.
- Select Safety followed by the Delete Browsing History option.
- Now, let’s see how to delete search activity from the Google Maps, YouTube, and other Google applications.
On Desktop or Laptop
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Click the Data & Personalization option followed by My Activity in the Activity and timeline section.
- Locate and click the Delete activity by option.
- Choose the options from the list and click the Delete button.
On hand-held device such as Android phone or tablets:
- Navigate to your Android device’s Settings section and tap the Google icon.
- Click Google Account/ Manage Your Account Manage Your Data & Personlization My Activity Delete activity by.
- Select the data you wish to clear and tap the Delete button.
- By using these steps e can execute that how to clear search history.