- HP Envy 5660 Printhead Clean
How to Clean Printhead on HP Envy 5660
If the HP Envy 5660 printer is left unused for a long time, it will lead the ink in the cartridges to get dried up. This results in clogged printheads and poor prints. This can be rectified by manually How to Clean Printhead on HP Envy 5660 them using the software.
Quick Solutions For HP Envy 5660 Printhead Clean
Quick Steps to Clean the HP Envy 5660 Printer
- You can clean the ink cartridges using the printer’s control panel.
- Swipe left on the display and tap the Setup button.
- The Setup menu will display. Scroll the list and click on the option Printer Maintenance.
- Click the Clean Cartridge Option. A test page will display get displayed, now examine the quality of the print.
- To clean the ink cartridges manually, take them out from the slot.
- Clean the slot with a dry cloth.
- Wipe the ink cartridges carefully.
- Try to clean the area around the ink nozzles.
The Elaborate Steps to Printhead Clean the HP Envy 5660 Printer
Try cleaning the HP Envy 5660 printer once in a week. Remove the ink cartridges from the slot. Use the tool kit provided to remove the ink from the cartridge. Use distilled water to clean the cartridges and place them in their respective slot.
Clean the ink nozzles. Collect the following materials: a lint-free cloth, Dry foam- rubber swab or any soft cloth, and some amount of water which is distilled or filtered. Power on the printer. Open the scanner lid, and then lift the ink cartridge access door.
Wait until the carriage is idle. Now release the ink cartridge by lifting the lid on the ink cartridge slot, gently push the lid back until it stops. Pull the ink cartridge up to remove it from the slot. Hold the ink cartridges by its sides. Check the ink cartridge contact area for ink or debris build up.
Moisten a clean foam rubber swab with distilled water, and then squeeze the cloth for the excess water to come from it. Clean the edges and face around the ink nozzles with a swab. Let the cleaned area get dried completely. Then place the removed ink cartridge into their respective slots.
Close the ink cartridge lid so that the cartridge falls into the respective slot. Repeat the above-mentioned steps to clean the area around the ink nozzle.
Close the ink cartridge access door and the scanner lid. If you face any trouble in How to Clean Printhead on HP Envy 5660 printer, get the assistance from the troubleshooting section of the user manual.