- Clean Printer Rollers
How To Clean Printer Rollers?
The role of the printer rollers is to hold the sheets of paper that you load in the paper tray and then give you the final feed through the machine. The rollers help in obtaining a somewhat smooth finish to the print. But as we all know, the printer rollers wear out over time and as a result, the print quality gets degraded. This is when you have to clean the printer rollers. These printer rollers often get stained after each and every print job. More the dirt, more the smudges and streaks you will see on your prints. You will need to know how to clean printer rollers if you face any of the following:
- Streaks on the print
- Paper not feeding properly
- Printer not rolling in the paper
- Frequent paper jams
- Output giving out print lines
- Print getting smudges with ink
- Lines get skipped in print
- You hear printer roller sounds while printing
Steps To Clean The Printer Rollers
- Remove the HP printer plug from the power source to turn the printer off.
- Open the front panel of the printer.
- Take out a lint-free cloth and, for best results, you can use the isopropyl alcohol.
- Take the cloth and slowly rub the rollers and remove the dirt or the smudged dry ink.
- Before installing, you need to make sure the roller is completely dry.
- After installing the rollers, you can turn on the HP printer and resume your print job.
- You will no longer face any issues due to the printer rollers.
- Make sure the Lexmark printer is turned off.
- Now, you will have to navigate through the steps of the printer’s control panel.
- Select the Setup option and select Maintenance. Then, select the option Replace the Printhead.
- Open the top panel of the printer.
- Hold the latch that is protecting the printhead and lift it up.
- Remove the printhead from the printer.
- Take out a lint-free cloth and gently wipe the printhead.
- Turn the printhead to the back and wipe the contact.
- Once done, reinsert the printhead back into the printhead slot.
- Close the latch to hold the printhead in place. If you still have any queries on how to clean printer rollers, click the call button.