Clean My HP Ink Cartridge
How to Clean My HP Ink Cartridge
The HP printers ink cartridges should be cleaned regularly. Due to the continuous use of the printer, the ink cartridges may be clogged. The cartridges may also become empty or misplaced by a sudden jerk or push on the printer. Below steps for how to clean my hp ink cartridge.
Easy Guidelines For Clean my HP Ink Cartridges
Quick Steps to Clean my HP Ink Cartridges
- Turn off your printer and discard the power cord.
- Take out the ink cartridges from the printer.
- There are many ink cartridges like tri-color, black, yellow, cyan, and magenta. If you are not aware of how to remove the ink cartridges, refer to the manual.
- Have a disposable towel or cloth or paper and place the removed ink cartridge on it.
- Get a lint-free cloth to wipe the cartridge gently.
- Clean the copper nozzle plate with a wet cotton swab.
- Clean the remaining moisture. Check the copper nozzle plate and clean the empty contacts with a dry cotton swab.
- Replace the ink cartridges. Refer to the manual to carry out this process if you face issues.
The Elaborate Steps to Clean the HP Ink Cartridges
The printer’s manufacturer always suggests using genuine ink cartridges for a better quality of the printout. First, check the ink levels of all the cartridges. If you find any empty or low ink cartridge, replace it. There are two ways of cleaning the ink cartridges: Automatic Cleaning and Manual Cleaning. To perform Automatic Cleaning, follow these steps if your printer is connected to a computer.
Go to the Windows or Start icon on the bottom of your computer screen. Click All Programs>HP>HP Solution Center. The HP solution center will open. Click the Settings option from the HP Solution Center. From the Print Settings area, select the option Printer Toolbox. Click on the option Clean the Print Cartridges in the Device Services tab. Press on the Clean option to start the cleaning process. A test page will be printed if the cleaning process is complete.
For manual cleaning, switch On the printer and remove the ink cartridges when they move to the center. Boil the water mildly in a bowl. Take the bowl, dip the half-emptied side of the cartridge in the bowl, and hold it for a while until it loosens any solid ink. Take the ink cartridges out of the side which you dipped. Place it down and let it dry.
Dip the cotton swab in ammonia solution. Clean the bottom and the back of the ink cartridge with the dipped cotton swab. The ammonia solvent helps to dissolve ink that is clogging the cartridges.
Clean the nozzles inside the printer with a cotton swab dipped in ammonia solution. It is done to clean any dry ink that might have clogged in there. Check whether the portion you have cleaned is dry, then put the cartridges back in it. Print a test page now. If your test page still shows gaps in ink, clean the cartridges again. While printing, ensure that you are using the appropriate papers. Resolved how to clean my hp ink cartridge problems.