- Clean A Brother Printer
How To Clean A Brother Printer
Using a Brother laser printer, you can print photos, letters, and other such documents. At times, dust particles get accumulated on the outside of your Brother printer. It also gathers inside the paper tray. When your printer’s scanner window and its corona wire become dirty, it might adversely affect the print quality. To avoid poor-quality printing, you have to clean both the outside and the inside of your Brother printer on a regular basis.
How to clean the Brother laser printer’s exterior?
- First, power off the printer and disconnect the power cable.
- The next step will be to slide the paper tray out of the printer. Then, set it aside.
- Take a lint-free cloth and wipe the exterior of the printer. This action will remove all the dust from the printer.
- If required, dampen the lint-free cloth with cold water. Then, use this cloth to get rid of any stains on the printer’s exterior.
- If you find any paper pieces or debris on the inside of the paper tray, remove them. Then, wipe the inside of the paper tray using a lint-free cloth.
- You can now slide the paper tray back into the printer.
- Plug in the power cord to the printer and press the power button on the printer.
How to clean the Brother laser printer’s interior?
- First, power off your Brother laser printer. Then, disconnect the power cable.
- In case you have used the printer just now, the inside parts would have become hot. So, wait patiently for a few minutes before you start cleaning the interior of the printer.
- Now, open the printer’s front cover.
- Slide out the toner cartridge and the drum unit assembly. Refrain from touching the electrodes present inside.
- Keep the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly on a paper towel. This task has to be done in order to avoid stains from the toner if it is leaking.
- Now, it is time to flip over the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly.
- After flipping it over, slide the green tab from right to left. Then, slide the green tab back. By repeating this task, the corona wire in the assembly can be completely cleaned. When you are done with cleaning the corona wire, return the green tab to its original position.
- If the tab is not returned to its original position properly, you might see a vertical stripe on pages the pages you print.
- Now, get hold of a piece of lint-free cloth and dampen it (if required).
- Wipe the lower parts of the glass scanner window with the cloth.
- Now, you can insert the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back into the printer.
- You can now close the printer’s front cover.
- Finally, plug in the power cable again and turn on the printer.
And, that is how you clean both the exterior and the interior parts of your Brother laser printer.