- How To Check Hard Drive Health On Mac
How To Check Hard Drive Health On Mac
The hard drives of the computer are very important as it contains the system and user data. When it crashes or damages, data loss occurs, causing a huge problem for the user. It is required to check the hard drive health regularly on any computer to avoid such a situation. Read the following steps on how to check hard drive health on Mac computer.
Check using the Disk Utility:
- Open the Applications folder and then select the Utilities folder.
- In the Utilities window, double-click the Disk Utility icon to launch it on the screen.
- On the left end, select the drive name for which the health is to be checked and click the First Aid icon on the top of the window and proceed with how to check hard drive health on Mac steps.
- Navigate to the lower right corner of the window and select the Verify Disk button.
- The system starts scanning the drive, and the messages regarding the drive are displayed in the window.
- If the final message displays that the partition drive/map appears to be OK, then there is no trouble with the drive and can free up disk.
- In case the drive is having some issue, a red alert message appears in the window.
- You have to select the Repair Disk option to repair the drive.
- Sometimes, the Repair Disk menu does not appear. In such a case, back up the drive.
- Following that on how to check hard drive health on Mac guide, restart the Mac and press the Command and R keys together when the system turns on.
- Release the keys as soon as the Apple logo appears on the screen, after which the boot options are displayed.
- Now, choose Recovery HD.
- Next, you have to select the Disk Utility option below Mac OS X Utilities.
- By following how to check hard drive health on Mac steps, Choose the drive to be repaired, click First Aid, and then select Repair Disk.