- Check for Updates on Mac
How to Check for Updates on Mac
The following methods can be referred on how to get for updates on Mac computerAsk the Question!
Use the App Store app
- Launch the App Store app on the Mac device, and select the Updates icon on the top of the screen.
- The available updates are displayed below, select the Update button of the application which you have to update and install.
- To update all the applications and the software, click Update All.
- When the list is unavailable, it means the apps are already up to date.
Turn on the Automatic Updates
- Click on the Apple icon in the menu bar at the top-left corner of the dock.
- Select the System Preferences menu from a list of options that appears.
- Click on the App Store app, and the settings page shows up.
- Next, enable the Automatically how to Check for Updates on Mac option and also check the four checkboxes of the options below.
- To check the new updates, click the Show Updates button.
Update without using App Store
- See that the application has the update option because all the applications do not have this feature.
- Open the app which you want to update on the Mac device.
- Click the File or options or more menu, and find the Updates option.
- Now, click on the directed link and visit the homepage of the developer.
- If there is any new version available, download the update and install it on the Mac device.